La Antiquedad

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 2 2016 8:35 PM (20 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 11:45 AM

wizzkid32:

SweetiePie:
    I paid $10 for it, reduced because it is a new entry.

I'm flying out to drive the cart while we partake in some My Father stogies...unless you want to drive then I'll fill a Dasani bottle with some clear stuff.  :-)

Sounds like fun...even greater fun in another month as the weather here turns crystal....And may I repeat part of a post that seems to have been censored ( or whacked in Frisco) Cohiba was mentioned and I made clear what many don't know. Cohiba was invented/developed by Fidel Castro, in fact, he sent a box to JFK prior to the Bay of Piggies deal. I wonder if this will get spanked away by the minds up North ? After all it is only harmless history.

~ Lily ~

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2016 1:29 PM

" I wonder if this will get spanked away by the minds up North "

I posted something in French in my CC forum. There was one swear word that I knew would get censored in English...surprisingly, it was also censored in French. I doubt many folks in San Francisco speak French?, so I wonder of wgt has a built in translator. It also goes to your point, Lily.., are posts read and decisions made as to what is appropriate?, or is there a computer program that flags buzz words?

• StingerWelsh
    1,021 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2016 12:03 AM

I get translations of this forum automatically.  If the entire phrase or sentence is in a language other than english, I am asked if I want the translation.  It's really enjoyable to be able to read some of the comments and suggestions from other lands  It's not perfect, but what the heck, neither am I...just close!  ROFLMAO!!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2016 11:53 AM

ct690911:

" I wonder if this will get spanked away by the minds up North "

I posted something in French in my CC forum. There was one swear word that I knew would get censored in English...surprisingly, it was also censored in French. I doubt many folks in San Francisco speak French?, so I wonder of wgt has a built in translator. It also goes to your point, Lily.., are posts read and decisions made as to what is appropriate?, or is there a computer program that flags buzz words?

Golly, that's a great question not answerable by Moi. Way back in the day when the Forum was not moderated and was a gunslingers paradise, I got carried away and they put me on a time out (banned) after a bunch of bun smootching and promises I have kept, thankfully got me back on. I suspect that anyone who gets a whacking is forever spot checked for behavior issues. It keeps the soap out of my mouth ;-}}

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 4:46 PM

"Golly" ?

methinks you are on safe ground from being moderated, lass..:)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 2:07 AM

Lily I can understand how you felt. For many many years that's how I felt when I discovered a new pipe tobacco or a new distinctive shaped pipe. I still rememeber how exited I was when I found my first  Delft Blue China pipe. Or smoked my first bowl of Devine chocolate tobacco.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2016 9:20 AM

borntobesting:

Lily I can understand how you felt. For many many years that's how I felt when I discovered a new pipe tobacco or a new distinctive shaped pipe. I still rememeber how exited I was when I found my first  Delft Blue China pipe. Or smoked my first bowl of Devine chocolate tobacco.

Well Joe, this is interesting to me as I learn more about and engage this new adventure of the Pipe and what to put into it. I know nothing about the Delft Blue China pipe as it sounds a bit of a cross between a Holland design mixed in some way with China. And I love chocolate especially if devine ;-} But checking them out will be most fun. Do you know what the Delft offers as its virtues?

~ Lily ~ 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2016 2:05 PM

The Delft Blue is made in Holland and is made for Fine china. Not only do they smoke smooth they are gorgeous.

Have to watch myself ! Almost want to start smoking again.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2016 4:58 PM

borntobesting:
    The Delft Blue is made in Holland and is made for Fine china. Not only do they smoke smooth they are gorgeous.

Well Joe you can also add very hard to find I have been searching a lot today with no luck. :-{

• wizzkid32
    154 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 8:30 PM

SweetiePie:

borntobesting:

Well Joe you can also add very hard to find I have been searching a lot today with no luck. :-{

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdelft+pipe.TRS0&_nkw=delft+pipe&_sacat=0

RSS