Help › Forums

Too Many Differences between PC & Mobile Versions

Wed, Jan 1 2020 5:34 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2016 11:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I first got to know WGT via mobile version and I've been only playing the game on the Android platform.

Today I briefly went through the PC platform for the first time and it was like a whole different world... with much more detailed functions and features! Besides, I was able to see all those tournaments created in my CC which had never displayed on my smartphone. (And I was blaming my CC manager all the time thinking that he was doing nothing. Sorry, pal.)

I wish I could play WGT on my PC, but due to what I do, I only get to play it on my phone between breaks and it will be my playing routine for upcoming future as well.

I'm wondering if the mobile version will become some day eventually the same or very close to the original PC version. I feel like I've been missing all the actions & parties just because I am playing on my smartphone. Not fair... :(

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2016 1:18 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Hi everyone,

I first got to know WGT via mobile version and I've been only playing the game on the Android platform.

Today I briefly went through the PC platform for the first time and it was like a whole different world... with much more detailed functions and features! Besides, I was able to see all those tournaments created in my CC which had never displayed on my smartphone. (And I was blaming my CC manager all the time thinking that he was doing nothing. Sorry, pal.)

I wish I could play WGT on my PC, but due to what I do, I only get to play it on my phone between breaks and it will be my playing routine for upcoming future as well.

I'm wondering if the mobile version will become some day eventually the same or very close to the original PC version. I feel like I've been missing all the actions & parties just because I am playing on my smartphone. Not fair... :(

HI SimonTheBeetle,

We are always updating both the mobile and web versions of the game and we hope in the future that they will be more and more similar. Currently there are some features that are specific to each platform but we do hope to have them available on all platforms in the future. :)

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2016 2:33 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I feel like I've been missing all the actions & parties just because I am playing on my smartphone.

You are but it is what it is. One good thing, though. What makes WGT unique is that's it's browser golf and doesn't require any downloads. You can play it from any computer, anywhere and all your stats and stuff will be there.  :-)

• rollone
    769 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2016 3:56 PM

YankeeJim:

SimonTheBeetle:
    I feel like I've been missing all the actions & parties just because I am playing on my smartphone.

You are but it is what it is. One good thing, though. What makes WGT unique is that's it's browser golf and doesn't require any downloads. You can play it from any computer, anywhere and all your stats and stuff will be there.  :-)

yea just have both youll need it with all the disconnects

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2016 4:20 PM

Solarflares:

WGTShamWow:

Currently there are some features that are specific to each platform but we do hope to have them available on all platforms in the future. :)

Now perhaps you'd like to explain just how on earth you are going to achieve that?

I'll bet you anything you like that the PC/Flash version never has coins.

I'm only sorry that WGT has put it's mods in the position that McMillan nurses currently occupy - although their main duty is to prepare people for impending-death - not to lie.

I have to honestly say I am not sure how. Unfortunately I'm not a developer and even though I tried my hand at programming, I have no clue on how they turned the same "Hello World" code into a game like this. 

I do like the new Coin system that was introduced, it really helps newer players get some better gear to play with when they are starting out. Having something like that on PC/Flash I think would help new web players, adding to the population of players on web as well as mobile. 

My position isn't as bad as you think and a little optimism goes quite a long way. There has been a pressure point of stability that is on everyone's minds, and we do see this in the forums. I see what our devs and Q/A are working on and what is being discussed in the office and stability/disconnect issues are always at the top of the list. Its a top priority, albeit not an easy one to solve, but its what our team is working on to improve. So I think a comparison to the MacMillian nurses might be a little extreme. :)

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 7:05 AM

WGTShamWow:

SimonTheBeetle:

Hi everyone,

HI SimonTheBeetle,

We are always updating both the mobile and web versions of the game and we hope in the future that they will be more and more similar. Currently there are some features that are specific to each platform but we do hope to have them available on all platforms in the future. :)

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

Hi WGTShamWow,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking forward to positive changes of WGT in the future. ^^

Thank you for providing such an exciting game.

Cordially,

Simon

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 8:13 AM

YankeeJim:

SimonTheBeetle:

I agree. That's one good thing about playing on PC.

Its main drawback (at least for a mobile player like me) is, however, the feeling of playing on PC browser is way, I mean WAY~~ too different to that of mobile version. With a little exaggeration, I almost felt like playing a different golf simulation game except for the similar interface and layouts, especially with that 'divergent' glitchy meter speed. (I experimented with exactly the same clubs on the same golf course under the same conditions.)

Based on my experience (so it's purely personal), the mobile version seems much smoother both on graphics and touch/feel. The PC version feels kinda 'crispier' and 'glitchier'. It's maybe due to my 5-year-old laptop with Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz; Memory: 8192MB RAM; Available OS Memory: 8126MB RAM; DirectX Version: DirectX 11, but I really doubt that's the cause.

Anyway... well yeah, if I first knew the game from PC browser and/or I just keep on playing on PC, I will get used to everything sooner or later anyway, but the thing is, as I said, my job doesn't allow me to do so.

Thanks for your comments though. :)

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 9:29 AM

WGTShamWow:
    what is being discussed in the office and stability/disconnect issues are always at the top of the list. Its a top priority, albeit not an easy one to solve, but its what our team is working on to improve. So I think a comparison to the MacMillian nurses might be a little extreme.

Would love to feel some confidence from that statement, but given WGT's track record on what is put forward/asked about in the forum and what actually comes to pass.....I'll believe when I see some results

Thomas

• PAGES
RSS