Forums

Help › Forums

Kiawah Greens & Contours

Fri, Sep 16 2022 11:30 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SacredCow40
    43 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 3:06 AM

There are no words to describe how bad the contours and and reads are at Kiawah. In addition, how many times do you get bad screen shots. The reverse shots often show an opposite running contours. I just finished a round there after hitting the lip of the hole at least 7 times. At times this course is unplayable because of the innacurate reads due to poor contours. Please fix. 

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 11:25 AM

SacredCow40:

There are no words to describe how bad the contours and and reads are at Kiawah. In addition, how many times do you get bad screen shots. The reverse shots often show an opposite running contours. I just finished a round there after hitting the lip of the hole at least 7 times. At times this course is unplayable because of the innacurate reads due to poor contours. Please fix. 

camera angles used to be better; assume they're trying to make the course harder. however, I agree that Kiawah has the WORST angles for reading the putt. come on guys, you can do better than that.

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 1:22 PM

SacredCow40:

... Please fix. 

This would be virtually impossible since this was the 1st course that WGT created many years ago where they did not take enough pics to cover all camera angles.  Subsequent courses were much better.  You can't really go back... you would end up creating a brand new course since 2016 hole layouts are likely very different from 2007 or 2008.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 4:56 PM

keidan:

SacredCow40:

... Please fix. 

This would be virtually impossible since this was the 1st course that WGT created many years ago where they did not take enough pics to cover all camera angles.  Subsequent courses were much better.  You can't really go back... you would end up creating a brand new course since 2016 hole layouts are likely very different from 2007 or 2008.

THIS ^^^^

The original pins are not so bad,  however when WGT released the new pins, some camera angles are so bad it takes guess work or knowledge of the break via practice (I am way too lazy for that).

That said I played the Ocean Course many years ago, when it was still new (prior to the Ryder Cup being played there) and some greens had very subtle reads (actually the greens were hard to read) so oddly and as frustrating as it is, resembles the real McCoy!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 6:56 PM

Trying to read the dots now Kia greens is getting bloody hard    lol.  It wasn't as bad when the course first came in.

Wgt tries to make the game harder because too many people complain it's too easy and it's not like real golf.  This is the best online golf game out and to try and make the game harder is just not golf   lol

This is only a game.  It should be a game we all play ... Just to have fun.  I suppose because of the high prizes we can get, that fun has been turned into a nitemare for some   lol

Keep the game fun

-Roger

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 11:16 PM

alanti:
    some greens had very subtle reads (actually the greens were hard to read)

Does it have prominent grains which go across the slope or are the slopes itself so variant?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2016 1:26 AM

razza31:

alanti:
    some greens had very subtle reads (actually the greens were hard to read)

Does it have prominent grains which go across the slope or are the slopes itself so variant?

Actually it was the lack of grain so a minor gradient or mis-hit putt exaggerated the result. Add to that the wind and sun dries out the greens, makes it tough to read accurately and more importantly makes it hard for average players to putt well there.

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:36 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has hair-tearing-out moments. My iPad nearly got thrown across the room today when yet another downhill, tournament speed putt pulled up a few inches short, or took some inexplicable hard left turn just before the hole.

It's not life and death, but far out is it frustrating.

As an added bonus I went in The Mulch From Which Thou Shalt not return. 25 yards worth of full Cleveland wedge got me 1 yard of carry. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If I wanted to be this bad I could just go and play real golf :D.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 5:09 PM

On the bright side...it's being redone for The Players in 2020...not that we'll ever see it...check out the most recent Links Magazine online...

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:06 PM
    Faz2000:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has hair-tearing-out moments. My iPad nearly got thrown across the room today when yet another downhill, tournament speed putt pulled up a few inches short, or took some inexplicable hard left turn just before the hole.

It's not life and death, but far out is it frustrating.

As an added bonus I went in The Mulch From Which Thou Shalt not return. 25 yards worth of full Cleveland wedge got me 1 yard of carry. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If I wanted to be this bad I could just go and play real golf :D.

Punch is all that will get you anywhere from my little experience out of the mulch. Try it next time or in a practice round to get an idea of the yardage needed.
  • PAGES
RSS