Forums

Help › Forums

PC vs Mobile..the war

Mon, Jul 3 2023 6:44 AM (46 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 11:06 AM

PRIESTESS:
    Recently my  virtual memory went from 29 %  usage to 50% usage after playing just 12 holes.  Maybe its because i still use XP

I have Windows 10 and I have to run Smart Ram (ASC Pro) at least once per nine holes. It's a Flash issue, that more than likely won't ever be fixed. Considering Flash is on it's deathbed, no need to fix a major problem (cost-wise). They'll just release security patch after security patch probably.

I've also got PC's and a laptop with Windows 7, 8.1, and Vista on them, and they had the same memory issue. My mother played a flash game the other day, for about an hour, and the game froze because the memory was at 80% (the pc has 16gb's ram, too) and 1TB HD, and  Zotac GeForce GTX 980Ti AMP extreme edition graphics card, too. 

Flash is dying and we're the ones feeling the pain :-)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 11:28 AM

desotojo:

Good to know, most of my players will still jump over to the mobile because they score better. They're at a loss when jumping on the PC for live play.

I don't know where you get your information, but I don't score nearly as well on mobile as I do on the PC because of the much smaller screen.  I think most players score worse on mobile vs PC. I think the players that do score extremely well on "mobile" are actually playing the tourney on their PC. Just play the tourney once on mobile then it is in their score history and they play it again on their PC by clicking on the tourney in their score history and play it again giving them a big advantage over the players who don't have access to a PC or like me choose not to play the mobile only tourneys on my PC.

• PRIESTESS
    10,697 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 12:30 PM

What if you could link that mobile phone to a monitor?

• Whiskeybreathe
    2,275 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 1:04 PM

It looks easy enough .

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 1:52 AM

I have the App on my mobile, It's pretty useless on the small screen.  On an Ipad type of machine the game is so much better to play as it's got a bigger screen.

Playing it on a tv or monitor would be fantastic.  The App has the perfect meter with no jumps and stopping dead.

I have noticed others in club using the App are shooting better scores.

-Roger

• PRIESTESS
    10,697 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 6:34 AM

I checked online and you need 2 adapters plus hdmi connection.I am guessing a mouse could also be used by blue tooth?

• Whiskeybreathe
    2,275 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 7:40 AM

Image result for cat out of the bag

• JWelsh15
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 4:42 PM

As a relative newbie to WGT, I discovered it on my IPhone and have attempted to use the PC for obvious screen size advantages. With no where near the IT experience read in this thread I wanted to understand why I can hit the dinger and score more consistently on the phone and struggle all the time on the PC. Is there a different meter for windows and IOS?

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 1:06 AM

Sorry I can't credit the original post,

I did have some fun for a while with two PC-monitors. both were NEC's and 3210's. One was dedicated to the swing-meter and , using the zoom-function , I could blow the meter up to the size of a full-baguette "

looks like us on the PC are toast!

RSS