CC Tourney - Double Posting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 8 2016 3:21 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 11:11 AM

Anyone else run into this?

Twice in the last week or so, when I clicked (one time - I know better) it took forever with the Waiting on WGT. Then finally when it took, the tourney was up twice. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 11:47 AM

That bug has been around a while. If it takes more than a few seconds to appear I press cancel.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 1:00 PM

courteneyfish:
    If it takes more than a few seconds to appear I press cancel.

Thanks Muchly.

:^)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 2:07 PM

courteneyfish:
    That bug has been around a while. If it takes more than a few seconds to appear I press cancel.

Supposedly wgt fixed that a long time ago by putting in an extra message box to confirm the creation of a cc tournament.

Just recently within the last week the duplicate bug has reappeared even with the confirmation message box.

In my experience it has always taken more than a few seconds for cc tournament to be created.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 2:26 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    In my experience it has always taken more than a few seconds for cc tournament to be created.

Agreed, it usually takes a good 10-15 seconds to go through.

This bug has hit our club as well yesterday, doubling a tournament, a credit one at that, and at a quick glimpse I see at least one other new post with the same issue.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 2:43 PM

Twice in last 3 weeks its happened to us. I emailed customer services each time and within 10 hours they had removed one of them.

I remarked on another thread somewhere, A+ to them for that

Bubbs

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 2:44 PM

Got me as well, and we have two identical tournaments as a result. Next time I'll click once and come back later to see if it worked.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 8:55 AM

K7JBQ:
    Next time I'll click once and come back later to see if it worked.

It got me again today, and I only ever click once. It happened even though it didn't take very long at all to respond. On the very next tourney I put up, it was taking a bit long, so I hit cancel. That one only posted once. 

This really needs to be fixed.

So far, it hasn't happened on one that I put credits into. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2016 12:08 PM

A new wrinkle has popped up. I generally hit cancel after 8 - 9 seconds. It then takes me to the open tourneys page. Lately, the newly created tourney isn't shown, BUT it's actually live. Probably a split second timing issue. When this happens now, I just refresh/reload to check if it actually took. If it still doesn't show, paranoid that I am, I open gameclient to triple check. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 11:17 AM

JimbeauC:
    When this happens now, I just refresh/reload to check if it actually took. If it still doesn't show, paranoid that I am, I open gameclient to triple check. 

Sheesh. Even with this routine, I still got a dupe yesterday. It may have had something to do with the "all servers busy" carpola during the clash. 

• PAGES
RSS