Forums

Help › Forums

What are the odds?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:59 PM (8 replies)
  • VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 12:37 PM

GO FOR THE GUSTO on our ninth clash, and the third with The Georgian. 33% of our clashes have been The Georgian.

Thanks WGT. Much appreciated.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 3:15 PM

What is this CLASH ?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 3:24 PM

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 3:46 PM

VegasWade:
    GO FOR THE GUSTO on our ninth clash, and the third with The Georgian. 33% of our clashes have been The Georgian.

That's your chance to steal the Golden Calf from them, but if you aren't able to outbuy them you're not going anywhere.

If you are, you're winning neither.

You have no chance - use it rightly!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 4:06 PM

Get Woodrow Wilson to join your CC, then you take out the Georgians!

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 9:23 PM

alosso:

VegasWade:

That's your chance to steal the Golden Calf from them, but if you aren't able to outbuy them you're not going anywhere.

If you are, you're winning neither.

That's exactly what I thought, alosso. 'This is it,' I thought to myself. 'I want the golden putter.'

So, I settled in for our first match, just after midnight on a work night, because for some strange reason, WGT thinks it's productive to have CC tournaments in the middle of the week. Our first clash was with The Georgian ... it all seemed ok for about 10 minutes, then more Australians than I had ever seen golfing in my life began posting scores. there had to be 30 of them ... and that quickly, my hopes for the gold putter vanished.

I tried, I really did.

So I've decided to quit work and sell the house, the car and just stay here and wait for the next mid-week clash -- which at the rate WGT is posting them, will probably be next week. With the proceeds from selling my house and car, I intend to just buy that golden putter. $4,000. Not so bad, eh? This way, when I golf the next clash, I won't be so psyched out. I can just relax. 

Thank you for the encouraging words.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 9:56 AM

You might want to keep the house, the car, the wife, the children, the golf clubs (oops, wrong sequence, golf clubs should be first!), once you inhale this:

alosso:
    If you are (successful), you're winning neither.

[...]

G. had 88,888 points, that's a tad more than 1,000 rounds. 1,000 takes only 370 $ in passes + 250 $ in balls (100 sleeves of L33 Callies) - that's 620 $.

But, your must play 1,000+ rounds in 48 hours, that's a new one every 3 minutes. Impossible alone, even with speed boosts, thus 120-150 players would be fine. They might also stand the feat with free passes...

... and decide about one crappy Golden Calf.

BTW: The Clash frequency has been between two and three weeks this winter.

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 9:58 AM

1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 etc

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:59 PM

bubbsboy:

What is this CLASH ?

It's a cross between Candy Crush, golf and whack-a-mole. It happens every other week, usually in the middle of the week (for some odd reason) and it runs 48 hours. 

RSS