Forums

Help › Forums

The dreaded orange mark

Tue, Mar 8 2016 11:15 AM (5 replies)
  • theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2016 9:28 PM

I try not play a player that has that orange mark beside his or her name unless I have to...meaning only if I cannot find a player say late at night or in the early morning..I do not boot them from my rounds because I dislike them or anything like that,but only because like the mark means..most..if not all will just quit the round when a bad shot is played by them or the course is just too tough for them to want to focus on it..this does not mean I think everyone of them with that mark will quit but it is hard to tell witch ones will finish a round and witch ones will play the round out,a lot of orange marked players in my view do not know the first thing about sportsmanship..if they did,they would not quit over a video golf game,and most if not all do not know that you get those level up points always if you stay till the end of the round and it does not matter weather you had a good round or a bad one..and those points to me are more important then any win is as it opens better equipment to you

I like to have rounds where the same players who started the first hole,are still there on the last hole and with an orange marked player or players in the group this may or may not happen,I do realize some things crop up where a player has to leave..and if that is the case..then go through the menu and forfeit the round..even if you have to wait till your next shot to do it..when clicking the ..X..logo it should only be done to reset the round if you have to but then that same player should rejoin the round as the other players in that round are waiting on him or her and no one wants to wait if the player is not going to bother to rejoin after they clicked..X..,some players do not even no what that orange mark means or that you can get rid of it if the player wants..all players should at least.Know what rules apply..a lot of players same as me will not play an orange marked player because most just quit over and over round after round and could care less if they quit..no one on here likes a quitter but I think they despise them just a bit more when they quit but do not go through the menu and forfeit the round to not make the others in the group wait on that quitter.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2016 11:47 PM

theshortdriver:
    Dreaded orange mark and it means...

Either...

Bad sportsperson and quits...OFTEN.

Bad connection and crashes..OFTEN.

Whichever the case is....Persona non Grata for many !

The most telling thing for me however is that they have not the brainpower or the inclination to fix the TICK by whacking a few blitz games.

Andy

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:21 AM

I don't buy the "bad connection" argument for orange really.  If your connection is THAT bad, you should probably give up and go play Tiger Woods or some offline golf game.

To me, orange means quitter, without exception.

• DigitalDeath
    23 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 5:12 AM

2016 and anybody can get that dreaded orange tab, because WGT crashes so much now days youre lucky to get through 1 round without a blank screen. my last game, the ad said "your game will start in 304 seconds" WFT is that a mini series???? but ive yet to crash during an ad. those things are indestructible.

RSS