Forums

Help › Forums

Alternate Shot Game won't finish

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 16 2016 1:07 PM (7 replies)
  • lawdog008
    56 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 2:25 PM

For the last month, all Alt Shot games won't finish completely.  Game freezes when the match is over and you have to refresh.  Upon refreshing, game says that the losing team forfeited. Everyone I asked, has had the same issue.  We are losing a lot of XP.  Please let me know if this is something you are working on.  Thank You.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 3:14 PM

Rumour has it that "they are looking at it" in order to be "fixing it soon!"

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 4:39 PM

Probably be corrected by the next update, which would make sense since WGT doesn't do their own multiplayer.  Turnaround time is slower in that situation.

If you're playing with friends have everyone clear their cache before you start. The issue appears to be on WGT this time (or at least on their multiplayer provider), so that probably won't help on this one.  It certainly can't hurt though.

¯\(°_o)/¯

• lawdog008
    56 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:29 PM

Thank you for the responses :)

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 5:17 AM

lawdog008:
    For the last month, all Alt Shot games won't finish completely.

It's been much longer than over a month and now this morning after receiving an invite we couldn't even get to the 1rst tee.  As soon as the pop up shows up saying my CC has just started a clash round, I got booted, returned, got booted again returned again, and the last blue screen made for a loss without ever seeing the 1rst tee.  Come on guys, get your act together.

Besides bottom line greed driven reasons, why in the world would WGT start one of these cash grabs when multi player games are already so unstable.  At least I never got to accept the prompt to use my CC pass and lose it like I normally do when this happens to me or to others in my group.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 7:36 AM

PhiEaglesFan:
    WGT doesn't do their own multiplayer.

What does this mean?

• JMcmanamy
    171 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 8:41 AM

actually since CRAPGOLF.......ooppss i mean TOPGOLF took over everything is worse....... i doubt anything ever gets fixed as long as the bucks keep rolling in....... you invest so much time in this game and you consider just quitting but its hard to give up all your effort you spent....... i think the so called "MAINTINANCE DAY" is just to change and add "videos and new adds"....... just getting old.

frustrated,

JM

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 1:07 PM

WGT states first that we only need to clear our cache,  they wipe their brow and whisper to themselves that that should keep them quiet for a minute, then of course that does not work and they say you must have the most recent flash updated, so again it is your fault, but of course this does not fix the issue, there are 5 or 6 different threads about this issue as it effects players who play different games on WGT, alt shot, stroke , match play ,anything with multi player format..Each thread is a place for WGT to offer an excuse, NOTHING has been done, and i find it out of the realm of possibility to think that WGT is nothing more than a gathering place for folks who have something wrong with their computers.

RSS