Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to the master tier

Thu, Feb 4 2016 12:06 PM (3 replies)
  • orangehole
    24 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2016 6:00 AM

Something is fishy with the tier advancement system. I play almost 75% coin games (on android devices only) which do not count as ranked games and I got confirmation from a WGT employee that they are just considered practice.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/363475.aspx 

Today I finished a 9 hole Shanghai game and was advanced from Master to Tour Master wit han average of 63.28. I only have 109 ranked games in my stats and about 20 of those are Brandon par 3 course.  I advanced to Master at 73 ranked games so I only have played 36 ranked games since advancing and I thought the requirement was 40.

So somehow I advanced with an average above 63.0 and less then 40 ranked games in my tier.  So there must be some consideration taken into the coin games.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2016 10:56 AM

Sorry I can't help you, I know nothing about the android game.

This thread and many like it surely proves that the forum needs a new topic section devoted to mobile platform players.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2016 11:55 AM

orangehole:
    So somehow I advanced with an average above 63.0 and less then 40 ranked games in my tier.  So there must be some consideration taken into the coin games.

Dunno about coin games (and no reason NOT to believe WGT in this respect), but I see that you've achieved quite a few vg results in RGs, winning credits. This makes any traditional tiering rules obsolete - averages, numbers!

I've yet to see any calculation for this effect, alas:

Congrats to your new tier!

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2016 12:06 PM

WGT reserves the right to promote players early based on good results. Match-play wins against higher tiers can also trigger early advancement.

RSS