Help › Forums

Birds n stuff?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 1 2020 6:51 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 3:20 PM

Umm, there are no tweeting birds in this game...is there? I never have my volume very loud, well actually it's usually very loud but it's playing Itunes =) but I don't recall any. Maybe some frogs around the water holes...There is a blowing wind sound right? If not we need that too. Crickets? Crickets might be cool. You guys should map a course in the evenings. That would be neat. Little twilight golf. And of course the option to turn all that crap I mentioned off =D Chipmunks! uhh, frollicing deer? I dunno it's just too quiet. Sirens? Helicopters? Airplanes? I need some chaos, can't take all this silence.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 6:48 PM

Some guy yelling "JACKA$$", or hiding in the bushes and blowing an air horn.... =P

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 7:05 PM

lay down that pipe boo..... :0}

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 7:24 PM

What about the dding the "get in the hole" guy as the ball lands in the woods.  That would be great.  Make me want to buy stock in mouses(computer ones). 

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 5:06 PM

Yea, laugh it up guys, =) but seriously...Some environmental sounds would be nice. I can't see chirping birds effecting gameplay all that much, and if some people have problems, just give an option to turn it off. Please give it some real thought WGT, thanks. Just a simple request from a simple mind.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 5:25 PM

Sounds good!.   How bout cheers for nice shots, and oooooo for not so good ones.  And don't forget the clicking sounds of the cameras at the top of our backswings.  And some idiot yelling, "You Da man!!!"  

Seriously though, more sound would be great. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 9:10 PM

Speaking of sound stuff... if you are ever in San Francisco and get a itch to play Harding Park, be warned.

There is a gun range across the lake.

Most golf courses I have played come with really cool soundtracks of nature... birds, water, crickets..whatever.. but at Harding it's different.. chirp, (FORE!), chirp, BOOM!...  between the trap shooters and their shotguns, the 9mm target shooters and the testosterone driven .357s it can be quite unsettling should you not expect it.

$5 to a donut says that the TV people get the gun range shut down for the Pres. Cup in October.  Either that or the SF Tourist Bureau does.  It really doesn't reflect well on our fine city to have Tiger putting for an Eagle on the 7th with a 21-gun salute in the background... LOL!

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 6:48 AM

"chirp, (FORE!), chirp, BOOM!"  LMAO that's hilarious Snaike. =D I was half awake when I read that and I just couldn't quit laughing. That's just classic.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 2:44 PM

great idea, i was also thinking this game is to quiet. the dusk idea is a good idea too.

/off topic

btw, simple minds is a band from the 80's!!! Breakfast Club!!!FTW!!

/topic off

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 2:09 AM

Just had the guy yell get in the hole for my hole in one.  Funny to see this came to pass 11 years later. 

• PAGES
RSS