Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 12:10 PM

PAULFINN52:
    well done cosa,hold onto this till the end of the year,im sure there will be a lot of clubs ready to take it off 2017 lol

And we'll be here to defend it but you'll have to go through the mattresses to get it. LOL

I wasn't sure what I was getting myself and the CC into by jumping into this but in the end I came away with some serious respect for you, Paul, it was a monumental undertaking and you pulled it off. Well done.

One small request for the future would be to allow the captains some input to the matchups. An easy way to do this would be to have team 1 post their lineup and team 2 post the matchups after seeing the lineup. Playing each other twice makes it even and would afford a measure of strategy for the captains.

Cosa Nostra is one tremendous bunch of guys and I am proud to be a part of it. The most impressive part of the past 5 months was how when one of us fell down there were 2 guys there to pick him up. This was truly a team effort and I humbly bow to my CC mates for their efforts. All I had to do was hold onto the reins and let the horses run.  And run they did. Congratulations you effers, you did the CC proud. :-)

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 12:55 PM

Great comp Finny...really enjoyed it....

Just finished my finals match with Shelly. Giving up 2 holes on this track against someone who is playing well is not easy. (plus my putter was ice cold on the front nine). I was 4 down after 8 holes.....Managed to get it all the way back to 2 down after 15. After birds on 16, Shelly hit the shot of the match on 17 with a 20mph sidewind, and put me away 3&1. Well done Shelly, pleasure meeting and getting to play a round with you! Best of luck to you.

Eros, you've been one heck of a competitor throughout...cheers to you all :)

=bk=

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 2:04 PM

Awww, thank you so much, Geof... It was great fun, and has been an honor to play with such a great bunch of guys.

XOXOX,

Shelly

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 2:35 PM

Congrats CN well played!

• mikewilleford
    1,544 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:54 PM

Well done Cosa Nostra for the win and valiant effort by Eros. Thanks again Paul for a very fun and organized tourney, you are to be commended. Have fun on vacay!!!

Mike 

Grande Oaks will be back and unified next time lol.

• 1starrs7
    650 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:10 PM

Very well done to Cosa Nostra for winning this comp.  As everyone else has said  a great big thank you to Paul, for getting the teams together and then getting all the games played.  He did it with 3 days to spare lol.

I have had the fun of playing in 4 of Pauls comps,   have the grey hair to show for trying to get games played on time lol.  I will not be able to put a team out for any more. May it continue and maybe get bigger, all the best to the players we have played and enjoy the comps.

Cheers Rich      ( No Sorrys united  / Big bat happy house )

• Oteare
    548 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:20 PM

You have to tip your hat to Cosa Nostra.  Brutally long competition and after having lost to us twice in the opening rounds, you had to know they were hungry for a piece of Eros ass.  They got it through great play and sportsmanship.  I am proud of Eros, not bad for a small little CC.  I know I speak for the rest of our group when I say thank you to Paulfinn for putting together a fine tournament.  As long and grueling as it was, it had to be worse for the guy running the show.  You are the true MVP of the tourney!  Cosa Nostra, well done!  

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 2:44 AM

Very nice words from above and Cosa Nostra appreciates it.

We know it will be even harder this year to defend than it was to win it.

Thanks to Paulfinn for making the effort again this year.

OeJ

• livalli
    639 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 12:38 PM

:) Paul always ready, Ciao

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 1:38 PM

Livalli, this is last years, this is the one you may want

RSS