Forums

Help › Forums

Practice holes

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 24 2008 2:40 PM (5 replies)
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2008 6:43 PM

I know there is an area for practice holes where you can pick 3, 6, or 9 holes to play. Any chance of making it into 3 groups of 3? Thought this might be easier to set up then individual holes. This kind of splits the difference. Like holes 1,2,3.

Then 4,5,& 6. Then 7,8, & 9. You could pick which group of 3 you wanted. This would let you get there quicker to work on a certain hole. 

Thanks Fuzzygazz 

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2008 6:09 AM

Hi Fuzz,

Let me ask you this.... How often do you hop on to the middle of a course and play 3 holes over and over again?  I'm thinking not very often.... However it would be great to have a driving range and a chipping and putting green with some bunkers and rough around.  After all isn't this how we practice in real life?

Just a thought.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2008 6:23 AM

i agree with lee mostly, however i see fuzzy's view.

unfortunately, the way #5 plays, no amount of practice will help you. it's all depends how the wind goes.

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2008 8:38 AM

I would agree with Fuzzy, it will be even better if we can go to the hole we seek...

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2008 10:56 AM

Avatar Lee I would not pick out 3 holes in rl golf like you said your right there.I practice around the putting green, backyard, work :), ect. I was thinking about what would be easier for the coders. Wgt already had it set up 3, 6, or 9 holes. I thought it would not be much coding change if they made it 3,3,and 3. Not an individual hole but closer. Seeing how we only play the 2 courses especially Kiawah in this setup, I want to practice  those holes that are in the contest. Dont ever change the main concept of the game you have that down. These are little tweaks and constuctive criticism.  GL 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2008 2:40 PM

We most likely will not allow players to practice specific holes. In terms of giving people additional ways to practice, a driving range and putting green are more likely.

RSS