Help › Forums

FAQ Wrong Wrong Wrong

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 31 2016 5:58 PM (9 replies)
  • NDangerously
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 8:42 PM

You people are so full of ... *ahem*.

The FAQ specifically stated a bad round would NOT affect my average.

Quote: "Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier.".

That statement is complete Bovine Manure. I've had a bad week of plus scores and have watched my average climb and climb and climb.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 10:31 AM

From what I can tell you currently have 4 total ranked rounds played. Since you have so few rounds counting toward your average, you will need more rounds to stop your average from fluctuating. 

_CHAMPION

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 10:43 AM

NDangerously:

Quote: "Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier.".

That statement is complete Bovine Manure. I've had a bad week of plus scores and have watched my average climb and climb and climb.

Wow...you're a level 19 Hack with 4 ranked rounds and are using the best kit money can buy for your level...including Max balls. You sure don't play around with the upgrades. Usually we are advising tiers and levels, far higher than yours, to upgrade one thing or another to help provide consistency to their game....i.e, Legends still using starter wedges or 3 woods.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 10:53 AM

NDangerously:

That or maybe your comprehension isn't up to par!

It does say that, however the sentences preceding that one are very important to get the big picture

AFTER you have saturated at a level, only your best scores count, good scores will replace bad ones until you level up!

That statement is complete Bovine Manure.

As well as this one!

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 12:15 PM

NDangerously:

WOW, You mean someone actually read the FAQ!!!!! 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 12:53 PM

It's good to read the FAQs - a lot of truth inside! Alas, here, the truth is - ehm - hidden in a maze. Truth is:

Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your [...] Tier.".

This has to do with the non-linear aspect of average calculation. If you need more explication, just ask here - in the FAQs, the maze becomes more intensive concerning this subject.

Also, reluctantly, I have to say that some development of the game has surpassed the FAQs - they may be wrong to some extent.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 6:26 PM

If you read the forum posts you can find out how many rounds you need to play to move up to the next tier.  I think it is 10 ranked rounds and an average under 100 to move from hack to amateur.  Until you play 10 ranked rounds, your average will adjust up and down.  This is the saturation required for advancement.  It changes with each tier.

Getting upset the way you did shows you're misunderstanding of the term "average" as far as this game is concerned.  For your tier, once you reach the ten ranked rounds, if your average is not under 100, then your average is saturated and will only move down by scoring under what your average is at that time.  At that point a bad round will not effect your average up.

Hope this helps a little bit.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 1:30 AM

4 ranked rounds lol. So if you shoot a 70 first go then a 76 then the 76 doesn't count . Well I  always took the word average to be other than that. My maths teacher needs a smacked bottom (or wants)

No sir that water in there is not for drinking

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 4:34 PM

And here, a word of truth posted earlier:

A high score will affect the average as long as it is not saturated from the minimum necessary rounds in the current tier. Alas, this is only temporary and does not affect the time or no. of rounds to get to the next tier. When saturated, these high scores will be dropped out of the average calc. one by one.

Thus, finally these bad scores will not affect the average.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 5:58 PM

I think that wording in the FAQ is a left over from the old days.

At the time your average was (as I recall) based off you 10 best scores in the past 14 games.

• Was a good thing, but was easy for a sandbagger to manipulate the average and not tier up, hence WGT went to the new saturated thing.

Sorry no idea how the bullet item got in there.

RSS