Help › Forums

How to spot an autodinger

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 17 2019 11:09 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • duffputt
    314 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 2:01 PM

Have you ever wondered how good scores are being made? Not just good, but constantly good scores. Especially when big bugs are on the line.

Well, take a look in the CTTH departement of the Ready-To-GO.

If a player has very little variation in scoring, the alarmbells must ring. 

A true human player will from time to time have a few shots where ding is missed by a few pixels. Ball hits a slope and in a hurry you are 30 feets away.

Surprisingly this doesnt appears for some players. They never f... up. Again and again scores are under 50. Is it because they can play? They do know how to write a shot in the notebook and calculate wind, but so do I. I can shoot a 40!. Every 10th time....even though my stats are top notch. We all know top player Fmagnets, he f...s up the same way I do from time to time, a true sign its fair play.

Its not many, but there are around 5 players who uses unfair tricks. Follow the CTTH's in a few weeks and there is no doubt in your mind who they are. If stakes are high in stroke play tournaments, you can bet your behind they will be on top every single time.

One wish I have is putting the ding % next to players score in all credit tournaments. With drives not included and putts under 5 feet also excluded. 

• cadornette
    319 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 2:29 PM

I always asked myself how these guys could hit such amazing scores. Then I bought and received some good equipment and kinda could get the answer. Im obviously not a top player (just an average Legend), but i realized that with good irons, the forgiveness increases a lot. So, even if im hitting a 145 yards iron and miss the ding by a few pixels, my ball still goes close to the hole. I guess something similar happens with these guys. You should check fmagnets YouTube account and you will be really surprised watching how this guy dings almost EVERYTHING. But yes, i have heard that some guys use programs to "cheat" (they still have to aim their shots and calculate distance combined with wind and pin height). I also have heard of some who were caught cheating when streaming matches. Cheers bud

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:14 PM

If I had a look at the top 10 performers in ctth ready-go's for a seven day period,  say 17 rg's.  You would be one of the 10 but wouldn't make the final cut as your scores are too inconsistent.

The top three would be remarkable, and to do as you did, I'll imagine comparing the top one with FMagnets.

FMagnets:  Ave position 6.6th,Average Score 57.45.  A fairly even spread of scores (three in the 30’s, three 40’s four 50’s, four 60’s, two 70’s and one in the 90’s).  Nine of seventeen (53%) scores within 10ft of his average, lowest 26ft less and highest 41ft more. 

Top performer:  Average finishing position is 2.9th, average score is 45.10, worst finish is 6th,.   Does not vary from his/her average much, 15 of the 17 (88%) being within 10ft of their average and the other two a remarkable 11ft away from it.  Five scores in the 30’s, nine in the 40’s and three in the 50’s (there’s only 20ft between his best and his worst, 36ft and 56ft.).  This consistency would suggests that they didn't miss the ding by any significant margin on any of the 153 shots included.

And this unfortunately would prove nothing.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:19 PM

duffputt:

A true human player will from time to time have a few shots where ding is missed by a few pixels. Ball hits a slope and in a hurry you are 30 feets away.

Surprisingly this doesnt appears for some players. They never f... up. Again and again scores are under 50. Is it because they can play?

Silence your alarm bells. If you're only looking at a players scores, then all you see are scores for FINISHED rounds.

While it's true that someone could be using some kind of program, it's a million times more likely that just restart the round when they hit a bad shot. I do the same thing myself  if and when i waste my time with CTTH tournaments ...   post a score, then bail on/ restart any subsequent rounds that won't better my score .... saving time and balls.

No mystery!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:36 PM

Sooner or later the autodinger's will come out of the woodwork.  Just sit back & wait.  Post it, & they will come.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:37 PM

duffputt:

Have you ever wondered how good scores are being made? Not just good, but constantly good scores. Especially when big bugs are on the line.

Well, take a look in the CTTH departement of the Ready-To-GO.

Surprisingly this doesnt appears for some players. They never f... up. Again and again scores are under 50. Is it because they can play? They do know how to write a shot in the notebook and calculate wind, but so do I. I can shoot a 40!. Every 10th time....even though my stats are top notch. We all know top player Fmagnets, he f...s up the same way I do from time to time, a true sign its fair play.

Its not many, but there are around 5 players who uses unfair tricks. Follow the CTTH's in a few weeks and there is no doubt in your mind who they are. If stakes are high in stroke play tournaments, you can bet your behind they will be on top every single time.

One wish I have is putting the ding % next to players score in all credit tournaments. With drives not included and putts under 5 feet also excluded. 

only spot them in match play

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:58 PM

jeffdos924:

Silence your alarm bells. If you're only looking at a players scores, then all you see are scores for FINISHED rounds.

While it's true that someone could be using some kind of program, it's a million times more likely that just restart the round when they hit a bad shot. I do the same thing myself  if and when i waste my time with CTTH tournaments ...   post a score, then bail on/ restart any subsequent rounds that won't better my score .... saving time and balls.

No mystery!

They are talking about CTTH ready go's where all games are single play.

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 5:28 PM

Don't they use E-Z clubs which hit the ding every time?

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 1:09 PM

The absolute only way to spot and autodinger is watching the person live with a video camera behind (with wide view) and seeing the same person clicking the mouse when the meter goes down.

Twitch?, no good, "double screens" (one for the viewer and the other one for the cheat) makes things ugly. I have a double screen in my office for multimedia design.

I do not believe any of the called top player is playing through a telephone, all use laptops or stationary computers. 

The game is so unprotected against cheats that it is almost embarrassing...but well, the are many other priorities in this company that fighting cheats is definitely out of the "to do list".

Meeting physically in a place somewhere in the Us to get the WGT champion?...I would love to see ANY top player live in front of a camera using a computer delivered by WGT. 

Nah, with the new merge WGT is definitely not pointing in the pc player direction.  

Eric

• TeeTHRASHER
    52 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 5:10 AM

the funny thing is there were certain players before on WGT who some people said " No Way that guy is legit, he is no cheat, he would never cheat, he is just that good " and BOOM they got caught for cheating and their account was locked up and banned,It makes a big difference if these top players are hardly ever missing a shot on ding and keeping everything super straight and not only that when missing a shot on ding the clubs power levels decrease a lot also so now instead of nailing everything close to the pin they now are offline and the shot is way short of the cup so putts arent going to go in as much,these people using auto-dingers are total garbage players,It doesnt matter if they have all the know-how in their memory or notes of the courses or the skill levels to shoot great scores if they are still using one they are tainted and just phony fraud fake cheats who shoot bogus scores constantly ... they know who they are and in their minds they think they are the top dogs around here when all they are is the bottom feeder gutter trash

• PAGES
RSS