Forums

Help › Forums

Putter Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 30 2009 8:03 AM (4 replies)
  • Futures
    79 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 3:24 PM

All of a sudden, literally overnight,  all 3 (I have three putters) of my putter swing meters is extremely choppy and I cannot putt accurately at all any more. The longer the putt, the more choppy it is. 

None of my other club swing meters were affected. 

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 3:57 PM

I dont have an answer for you but my putter does the same thing probably 70% of the time. This is why I very rarely play stroke play.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 4:42 PM

Hi Futures, do you have your putting grid turned off in your game options menu?

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 5:18 PM

Should putting grid be on or off?  I think right now it is on. 

But actually.  After I wrote my complaint, I went to your "system requirements" and completed all but one on the checklist (I still need to buy an antivirus package). 

Anyway, after doing system requirements, the putting bar is smooth again!!!; I just sank a 33 footer on BP Black, number 4 I think...that first par five, uphill.

Thanks!!!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 8:03 AM

However, those supposedly minimum system requirements are ridiculously overblown at least in respect to this item:

WGTalex:
    • 2GB RAM or higher

I have 1GB RAM on my laptop and the game loads perfectly fine and quickly, with usually at least 100 or 200 MB of spare RAM remaining available throughout play, although I always also have about 6-10 other applications running on the computer simultaneously. 2GB of RAM might be a recommended system requirement, but it shouldn't be phrased as the minimum. I suggest for WGT to re-write that to say, for example, 1GB RAM, preferably 2GB or more. Yeah, 2GB of RAM is the modern standard for newly purchased computers, but PCs from a few years ago didn't have 2GB of RAM as a rule and they're still perfectly suitable for playing this golf game.

BTW, I'd say the most important recommendation is the one to close all other browser windows while in play. Or at least all non-WGT windows of that particular browser you use for play. (I play in Chrome & surf in Opera simultaneously, and the 2 browsers don't interfere with each other.)

RSS