Forums

Help › Forums

Cash Play

Tue, Aug 30 2016 3:43 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PCTaylor
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2016 6:55 AM

Not sure where in forum I should post this, so am posting here for discussion and answer and if mods feel it should be discussed elsewhere then please let know.

I started playing WGT on my iPad, and fell in love with the realism of the game, by far the best golf game available, especially on the iPad.

But on the iPad game, where basically one plays all the same Tournaments as on the web based game, but don't have access as yet to all the courses for free play, they do however have the option of creating a "cash play" account and then playing the game for real money - i.e make a deposit and then challenge against others winner wins real cash, some limitations i.e all players use same equipment.

But I can't seem to find this option of playing on my "cash play" account via the web based server??

Can anyone enlighten me, is this a option solely offered via Apple for iPad / iPhone play or is it avialable and i'm just not looking in the right place :)

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2016 10:01 AM

PCTaylor:

Not sure where in forum I should post this, so am posting here for discussion and answer and if mods feel it should be discussed elsewhere then please let know.

I started playing WGT on my iPad, and fell in love with the realism of the game, by far the best golf game available, especially on the iPad.

But on the iPad game, where basically one plays all the same Tournaments as on the web based game, but don't have access as yet to all the courses for free play, they do however have the option of creating a "cash play" account and then playing the game for real money - i.e make a deposit and then challenge against others winner wins real cash, some limitations i.e all players use same equipment.

But I can't seem to find this option of playing on my "cash play" account via the web based server??

Can anyone enlighten me, is this a option solely offered via Apple for iPad / iPhone play or is it avialable and i'm just not looking in the right place :)

Hi PCTaylor,

Thanks for posting. That is correct, CashPlay games are currently only available through iOS devices. Please note that most courses are available on mobile devices but not all. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• PCTaylor
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2016 11:33 AM

Thanks for the clarification Sham.

Can I ask then if I start a cash play game on my IoS device will I be able to resume the game on the PC, like other games that I either play first on PC then go onto IoS device or vise versa?

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2016 6:01 PM

PCTaylor:

Thanks for the clarification Sham.

Can I ask then if I start a cash play game on my IoS device will I be able to resume the game on the PC, like other games that I either play first on PC then go onto IoS device or vise versa?

Anytime PCTaylor. Unlike some rounds that can be started on your mobile device and then finished on web, since CashPlay needs to be logged in you wont be able to continue the game on Web. It would be the equivalent of trying to start a head to head game on mobile and then trying to finish it on web, our system unfortunately doesn't work like that for this format.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• Aramava
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:56 PM

Will cash play ever be available on the PC?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:46 PM

WGTShamWow:
    Unlike some rounds that can be started on your mobile device and then finished on web

I thought that bug/glitch/issue was fixed months ago.

Can players still start the weekly mobile tourney on the mobile device and finish it on their PC?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 12:32 AM

jayw4862:

WGTShamWow:
    Unlike some rounds that can be started on your mobile device and then finished on web

I thought that bug/glitch/issue was fixed months ago.

Can players still start the weekly mobile tourney on the mobile device and finish it on their PC?

I will test it this afternoon and let you know Jay. I complained about that over and over again. (Edit) no you can not start the weekly mobile tournament on mobile and finish it on a PC. You get the error message this tournament is no longer active. So they have finally closed that loop hole. There may be other ways to play the mobile only tourneys on computers but not just by starting it on mobile and switching to a computer.

• stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 8:56 AM

I sometimes wonder where those top scores are coming from players that have no mobile tourney in the past...

There's only one mobile tourney (which is actually not that much...) so please make sure that it's for mobile players only. You could add one or two more - that would be nice.

Thanks

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:54 AM

Aramava:

The multi-accounters, auto-dingers and packet editors would have a field day, no thanks.

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 1:33 PM

PaulTon:

Aramava:

The multi-accounters, auto-dingers and packet editors would have a field day, no thanks.

Agreed. Too many *** cheats in the pc version of the game. Won't mind them seeing them play on cashpay though. Playing with the starter ball and max 45 irons can ge quite difficult!!! We are playing the $300 B9 tourney on Oakmont and playing with the starter ball is brutal.

• PAGES
RSS