Forums

Help › Forums

Club Distances

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:48 PM (2 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 2:27 PM

The greatest challenge that WGT faces is accurately modelling the physics of the golf ball. Curiosity in this area has lead me to do some research. 

Although, I am no expert,  I incorporated a model that utilizes 9 differential equations.  The model, utilizes the Borg's concept of a rotating sphere in a fluid or a gas (air), Magnus Lift effect, and a differential model of decreasing spin as the golf ball is in the air.   Now, to my chagrin the most important aspect of Borg's model, is the accommodation coefficient.  Secondly, the amount of spin generated at the impact of the ball via the club can also be calculated.  Change the COR of the ball and club, loft angle,strike angle and wind speed,  can all vary the ball distance, hence its behavior in flight.  

The only beef I have is the distance of the 7-iron.  What I expect from this club, is roughly 135-137 yard carry with 3-5 yards roll under no wind conditions.  Club is rated for 140 yards.  Also, we all know, a shot off a tee will generally go further. The reason, is little or no interaction between the club and ground at a tee box.

I keep sending bugs as requested by this site during game play.  However, I have not seen any formal responses, even in the forums as result of some of the issues WGT faces.   The potential of this site is magnificent.  I only want them to succeed in producing a product that in outstanding.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 3:18 PM

Re: Please look at the 7I   Old news! Click for your reading pleasure, as this has been discussed a multitude of times. If you would like, do a search of this very club. It will take you a long time to read them all!

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:48 PM

Old news, it is!   But, it keeps repeating itself, doesn't it.

As for your reading pleasure, I have read most of them.

Then, why hasn't this issue been addressed.  I have also search the forum for any responses to this very issue. Why, haven't I seen any responses......

RSS