Forums

Help › Forums

Wolf Creek in Real Life

Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:04 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • geoffalexander
    210 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 9:05 PM

Another great great Wolf Creek course in Alberta, Canada....if you are ever near Red Deer, Alberta, make sure to stop by and play!

Wolf Creek Golf Resort

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 3:48 PM

YankeeJim:

Now if we could only do it here...........    :-)

Would be  a fun one , that's for sure.

• Coonhacker
    41 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:55 AM

Totally agree.  Have you played the new 18?

• Mamakey9
    22 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:20 PM

I wish we could play "stroke play"  in Wolf Creek and all the other courses that  they have grayed out....We can only play "closest -to-hole"  Will they ever open them all up for "stroke play"?

• Xochi2
    113 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:35 AM

I have played WOLF CREEK five times (actually eight times if you count each 18 holes as one time) in five consecutive years, usually in mid to late October. (I live in Wisconsin.) There are somewhere between 6-9 of us that go to Vegas just to play golf. OK, and eat. We ALWAYS make the trip to Mesquite to play, as we call it, "DA WOLF!" We love it! We'll play 36 holes, and even when the starter says, "You yankees will be lucky if you get in 30", we have never missed all 36, and have done it with that beautiful golden light at twilight to spare. This is well worth the trip. Take your camera, lots of balls, and your "A" game.....if your "B" or "C" game shows up, you'll need the "lots of balls" part of this sentence.  BTW, this past October, the greens were in terrible shape (I believe they said their main pump had broken.) and the winds were gusting at about 27 mph, yet we still enjoyed the "grueling" rounds. (Temp 75°-77°) Not too far from WOLF CREEK is Coyote Springs, "THE CHASE" GC., (about 55 minutes from Wolf Creek) another "gem" in the middle of nowhere. We love this place also and have been playing it very soon after its inception. 

• 19cscott72
    102 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:49 PM

I too have played Coyote Springs just last September, what a great course set in the middle of no where, there is nothing around it for miles & miles about 80-90mins drive from the Vegas strip. The weather was very hot above 100+ & they supply free chilled water bottles on course which was a life saver, must have downed 30 bottles or more,lol. Only fault with the course is that they haven't built the club house yet.

• Xochi2
    113 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:03 PM

Yeah I would agree, ti would be nice to have a "full-fledged" clubhouse and a bit more "provisions" out there, although it's nice having the coolers of ice water. I usually take a few snacks packed away in my bag. Each time we play it, it just seems to get better and better, mind you, it was a "hidden gem" to start with, (A Jack Nicklaus PGA course) My "buddies" almost left me out there at about sunset, two years ago. One group left early, I was waiting for the 2nd group to finish, made a trip to the WC and they had thought that I was with the 1st group, thus as I am going out to check the parking lot to see if they had finished yet, they were already in the van and starting to leave! Hmm....hitch-hiking back to Vegas on lonely Hwy 93, in the dark, with a set of golf clubs on my back, that would have taken me back to my collegiate days! Yikes!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:49 AM

MioKontic:

I've been to the US a few times and I have yet to find a bad course!  Played a few at Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island (including the Ocean Course in 1993), Hilton Head, Arizona (TPC Scottsdale and Greyhawk), Vegas and Dallas (Cottonwood Valley at TPC Four Seasons, home of the Byron Nelson Championship).  You should come to the UK and see what crap we can provide you with!

Hopfully, the courses are better than the food.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:04 PM

SweetiePie:
    Hopfully, the courses are better than the food.

Haggis and Bangers,   ooh yummy.

• PAGES
RSS