Help › Forums

Coin balance?

Sun, Mar 22 2020 6:37 PM (108 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:57 PM

andyson:

WGTdbloshoe:
    Coins will be free and earned through play.

My 2 cents on how NOT to earn coins through play!

But that's the only way to earn coins... 

(kidding of course) 

Andyson, you never stop making me laugh

_CHAMPION

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:58 PM

EasyEdward:

If the system developed for the use of the Coins is such that it benefits players in countries other than the US by taking the financial burden off of them I would be all for it. The way it stands right now US players can earn free credits much easier than anyone else living elsewhere. If they choose not to that is their choice. If they do not have the time to look for the free credits due to work and family then less their choice but still in a good measure it is their choice. While Canadians and members from the UK have some chance to exist on free credits; outside of those other 2 WGT is pretty much pay to play. 

That said I too am in the position of not needing to rent anything as my inventory contains every club from Level 98 to Level 103. So no harm no foul if the only thing is free rentals or extending the length of the rental. But I would hope that WGT can get a little more creative with them - well at least more creative then I am at the moment.

EE

It's not exactly the way your describing or with the purpose of what you're describing, but it will be beneficial to all kinds of players from all regions. 

_CHAMPION

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 5:04 PM

I can't find these coins in my account ?

Have they been removed again ? 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 5:14 PM

siggipj76:

I can't find these coins in my account ?

Have they been removed again ? 

Yes. Not sure why they decided to remove them after all this, but they did. They will return in the near future. 

_CHAMPION

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:19 PM

Just for the sake of clarity in the most unambiguous way:

If these coins become attached to anything like a clash, in a way that makes a blind bit of difference, then the idea is dead in the water.  Dead in the water in the harbour before a maiden voyage takes place infact.

The track record of New Ideas taking a good possibility and trashing it in to something as ridiculous as the clash is real.  For nothing I can tell you no way would we gear up for that.  It would so radically change our identity in a way we would not be prepared to compromise on.  You can also keep CC levels out of it as well as same thing..(nothing necessarily against some larger CCs but some XP chase and blind eye to most anything else)...Basically go with a bit of fiscal drag in a good golfing environment rather than lets grab all today, and to hell with tomorrow.

Yes what  Andyson did was funny, but he was joking that's all :).....Seriously though this could be a good idea, but if the wrong person gets to run with it it's a house fire waiting.

Trying to be constructive - JMO

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:37 PM

Will they be giftable?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 10:08 PM

E pluribus nihil, to phrase a coin.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 10:09 PM

Let's see.... Coins in a Flash based browser game.

Google that, with the words cheat engine...

.... sayin' is all...  ^~^

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 10:43 PM

WGTChampion:
    in the near future

Is this sooner or later than "soon"?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:45 PM
    alosso:
    Is this sooner or later than "soon"?
    As defined by New Ideas:

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between New Ideas and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, no guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as New Ideas will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
    The bank coins will be released soon:)
    EDIT
    On the plus side look at what happened when they engaged the forums regards what competitions would be good, and also what ideas would be good for a potential new tier :)
    Nothing personal to the mods, and good asking so all in some fun this, but some real points meant constructively as well. 
RSS