Forums

Help › Forums

flash content storage glitch

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 29 2015 7:13 PM (9 replies)
  • MHanson326
    74 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 12:55 AM

the last few days I keep getting a pop up from adobe flash player settings . 

LOCAL STORAGE

how much information can media5.wgt.com store on your pc?

I have to reset my game options every time I log on and sometimes waiting to play a round i'll have to do it a few times

the easiest way I've found to deal with the problem is to wait until teeing off to reset my options .  it pops up again between holes but my settings stay the same.

if disconnected from the game during play then I have to reset them again.

I sent a ticket to support but couldn't include my snapshot.. I've went to global settings. I went to control panel settings and added wgt.and it didn't solve it. I uninstalled flash and reinstalled it again . that didn't help

I am running windows 7 using ie11 . this is the only site that is affected

snapshot

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:36 PM

Make sure your browser is set to save its cookies for www.wgt.com.

Click images to view full size.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:27 PM

And set the slider in that box that pops up to 100kb. This allows WGT to store stuff like your preferences on your PC. They're harmless files so don't think you're setting yourself up for trouble.

• MHanson326
    74 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 2:40 AM

I have gone to the adobe flash player settings themselves. I have uninstalled flash and reinstalled flash twice. I have even gone to the global settings when I right click the screen.

I have changed the settings and the settings always have to be reset once I log off and back on.

I found that changing my storage settings right before tee off and setting the meter to 0 wit h the never ask again box checked has worked out the best .

I've scanned for viruses. I've scanned for spyware and malware and just about everything else I can think of besides a fresh install of windows 7.

I am using IE11. I have 3.5 gb ram . 3.40ghz dual core processor . I can troubleshoot most problems and have done so before .

i don't know code or programming skills but i believe it has something to do with the html5 and java scripts. i believe they are phasing out flash and java for another code

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 8:32 AM

Are you sure your browser isn't clearing cookies when you exit? Cookies are where that info is kept but if you set that slider to zero you won't be letting WGT store what you need.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 9:18 AM

IE is the worst browser for playing this game for some reason....

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 9:41 AM

Have you tried this MH? CLICK.

• MHanson326
    74 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 12:50 PM

I'm not trying to be rude but if you took the time to actually read my entire post and the actions that I took to correct this issue then you'd have realized that I did mention that this only happens in WGT golf and nowhere else across the browser.

respectfully ,  I will answer your question with " my settings have to be reset everytime that I log off or am disconnected from the game client. "

" before teeing off I set my options and as long as I am not disconnected from the game client in anyway then my settings are intact until I log off."

" if I am disconnected from the game client in anyway . I have to redo my game settings ."

"disconnected 10 times then reset 10 times"

mhanson326

• MHanson326
    74 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 12:58 PM

did you read my post? I have done all the things possible that I know from global to Silverlight , java, flash , and shockwave to no solution except for the ones i provide

its not a permanent fix but it helps during the game play itself.

please people . if you're going to reply to a post. make sure you read its entire contents before responding with a solution or action that has already been taken but no resolution was possible.

mhanson326

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 7:13 PM

MHanson326:
    did you read my post?

Yes, I did, and nowhere have you responded to questions I asked YOU. If you want help try interacting with those trying to help instead of remaining buried in what you are convinced is your unique problem.

MHanson326:
    I have done all the things possible that I know

Try doing something you don't know, like understanding how your settings are saved.

RSS