Forums

Help › Forums

Versa#1 lv 70 vs Versa #1 lv 96

Mon, Dec 7 2015 10:28 PM (26 replies)
  • DAputts
    1,780 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 6:29 PM

Drawing close to lv 96...see the new Versa in the pro shop everyday as I pay for the round and cart...think to myself...I need that.  .5 faster meter...+ 1 precision.  thoughts and comments on if it is worth the credits to upgrade...Thanks in advance

• nicka420
    873 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 7:10 PM

i played both 96 is better it holds the line very well. its worth the upgrade. i think.

if you have the credits get it and dont look back.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 7:28 PM

+1  /\ /\ /\ /\

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 9:07 PM

I upgraded to 96 from 70.  Definite improvement, but only if you don't need the credits for something else.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 4:37 AM

Had the level 70...missed putts by 2 ft...upgraded to lvl 96, missed putts by 3 ft.  I went back to lvl 70.  Apparently, the .5 slower meter mattered.  Upshot, I still suck at putting but not as badly...lol

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 5:20 AM

Ask Jimbog about 70 vs 96.

A very steady putter and long long time Versa player. Notice which one he's using now? ;)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 1:38 PM

DAputts:

Drawing close to lv 96...see the new Versa in the pro shop everyday as I pay for the round and cart...think to myself...I need that.  .5 faster meter...+ 1 precision.  thoughts and comments on if it is worth the credits to upgrade...Thanks in advance

Save the credits you have a good putter for now . Your problems start here 

Driving Accuracy 77.63 %

Average distance to pin 16ft.

1Putt % 27.79

2Putt% 56.16

What you need to do is improve not only on your game but especially your short game . Good course management with ball placement  also work on your short game . Learn how to use your wedges and short irons . Punch , pitch and flop shots incorporated into approach shots to get closer to the pin .

If you focus on these things then the shots will drop and the scores will lower . Both putters are great once you learn the above mentioned short comings in your game . The L70+ Versa will spoil you and can truly be the last putter you will ever need . The 96+ Versa is what you get just because you are really serious about your putting .

Keep what you have for now until you can get your approach shots 11ft to the pin or closer . Also work on your putting as the 96+ is not a magic wand its a putter . Anything that you cant do with the L70+ you wont do with the 96+ . Hope this helps and good luck with your game .

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 3:01 PM

DAputts:

Sadly, I have no talent or gift for putting...never have. Putter efficacy is most important to me. The 70 Versa is the 3rd best putter available. The Versa 96 is even better, being in 2nd. The 101 M1 is top banana by far.  

~ SP ~

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 3:37 PM

SweetiePie:

DAputts:

Sadly, I have no talent or gift for putting...never have. Putter efficacy is most important to me. The 70 Versa is the 3rd best putter available. The Versa 96 is even better, being in 2nd. The 101 M1 is top banana by far.  

~ SP ~

I agree with that, SP

I use the L101 M1 now and it's great

Long time fan since I started, from the Rossa then the L70 Versa to the L96 Versa. All very good.  I recommend the L96 Versa if you want to upgrade. 

If you have lost confidence with the putter you have now, then upgrade to the L96,  You might be still missing putts as we all do, but just for confidence and peace of mind it's good.

With any new toy, you have to stick with it until the new club sinks in. 

• DAputts
    1,780 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 5:59 PM

Thanks all, has been a big help.  Game is a work in progress have lowered my avg to pin by 3 feet in the last 6 months lonnie it's the last two of my stats that have made me look at the new putter. The 2 putts are mostly tap ins from less than 8 inches even from putt that just miss.  will the +1 help with that, that's what I'm  hopin.  ~SP~ thank you, was the advise I was hoping someone would give me.  Again a big shout out for the help.  Now I just need to get to L96...

Dave

PS...mantis...The brain is a strange place, because now I expect to miss the putt just a little off line or short..thinkin I can't trust it....

RSS