Forums

Help › Forums

Quadruple Alphabetic Listing of Friends

Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:32 PM (3 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 6:34 PM

The alphabetic listing of Friends as currently implemented makes no sense. It's case-sensitive, meaning that instead of you (by default) getting 2 neat alphabetic lists of friends: those who are online in bold, and those who are offline greyed out, you are actually presented with 4 alphabetic lists of friends: two bold lists and two greyed out lists... First, all those Friends are listed whose nick begins with a capital letter; then all the others.

This is impractical and inconvenient. If you're looking for your friend named Awesomegolfer in the list (and some of us have dozens of friends), you most likely don't remember whether his nickname was spelled Awesomegolfer or awesomegolfer or AWESOMEgolfer, so you need to search through 4 separate alphabetic lists just to find out whether that person is online or offline.

I'd also like to subscribe to a related request made by Nivlac back in December 2008:

Nivlac:
    10.)  Status: Available

In our profiles (and on the friends list), being available means we're online and nothing more.  I'd like to see this expanded upon.  When players are in a stroke play round or a skills challenge, their dot should be red and the status on their profile should read 'Busy.  When a player is actively looking for a multiplayer game, their dot should be blue and their profile status should read 'Available'.  When a player is online, but not in game then their dot should be green and their profile should read 'Online.'  You should also be able to manually change to 'Unavailable' when you don't feel like being bothered.  When we hover over a friends picture on our profiles, a small text box pops up that contains their name.  This box should have their name and their dot color/profile status so we aren't sending invites to people that are busy and/or don't wish to be bothered.

The current Status reporting is so one-dimensional that I have just set it to Available to: NO ONE for all the time. Otherwise I'm getting invites while in the midst of a round, and there's no way to politely reject the invite. The software should be smart enough to change the color of that dot from green to (for example) red, as suggested by Nivlac, whenever someone joins a game or skills challenge.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:59 PM

Hi Faterson, thanks for the report. We will fix this in an upcoming release.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:05 PM

Thanks Alex

• Script
    621 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:32 PM

On my list, all the active(available) players show at the top.  Inactive are as described.

RSS