Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Course Records - They Should Be Kept

Wed, Nov 25 2015 11:17 AM (5 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 4:58 AM

I'm a director at The Old Duffers and one of our members, STEFKE1969, just shot a 23 on Kiawah Island's back 9 which is 13 Under Par for a Par 36 Back 9.  He had 4 Eagles, one being a HIO on #14, and 5 Birdies.  Is this a Kiawah Island course record for WGT?  Here is his scorecard...

I think WGT should have an area where all records are kept...Longest Drive, Longest Putt, Lowest Scores by course F9, B9, and F18, Longest Hole Out, etc.  This would be a fun area to view, especially if the video of shots would be stored.  Plus, it would give the WGT community records to shoot for...that would make the game quite interesting.

Just a thought,

Paul

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 10:59 AM

Nice idea but it would also have to be kept by teebox to be worthwhile. There are a lot of people going low from the front tees in CC tourneys. Paper legends who got there playing from the red tees and easy greens shouldn't be allowed to overshadow legitimate players playing from the back tees and tough greens.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:49 PM

Not saying that it's not impressive, but recognizing that as the "best round" is a slap in the face to legitimate players.

• stefke1969
    1,531 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:49 PM

ty all.

I'm a Belgium player. there are not a lot of players from my country.

I know what you guys mean that we have to play from our own boxes but the tournament is for every boddy.

i'm a champion and its maybe easy to play a low score at the easy tee but everybuddy may try it and try to shoot a 25!!!

I have a 23 and im so happy with it. I dont wont to be in the guiness book of records but a nice complishment from pmm711 feels great.

I have to learn a lot for beeing a real good player but i do my best.

Paul, ty for the post!!!!!

stefke1969

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 11:17 AM

Paul - It would take some effort but you could at least keep course tournament records for your country club in your country club forum.  Track them on a spreadsheet and change the initial post of your thread as needed.

The initial post could be something along the lines of

Title : Old Duffers Tournament Course records

Tee      Score     Player                    Date
    St. Andrews
    Red          xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    White       xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    Blue         xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    Black       xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    Chambers Bay
    Red          xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    White       xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    Blue         xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    Black       xx         xxxxxxxxxxx          xx/xx/xxxx
    ...and so on.
    A bit tedious but at least you can give your members the recognition they deserve. I'm sure the more computer savvy members here can help remove the tedium by linking your spreadsheet into the thread instead of transferring updates by hand.
RSS