Forums

Help › Forums

What is it?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 24 2009 1:26 PM (5 replies)
  • nhlett
    64 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 5:13 PM

The other night I noticed something that I had never seen before and I've been playing here for six months.

When I pushed the play now button and set up a practice round I noticed the area of the buttons had changed and was giving a shot by shot description of what I was doing. I usually maximize the game which is probably why I had not seen it before.

What is the purpose of this and more importantly, can I see what others are doing before I invite them to play?

Nhlett

PS I really like the new editor. It is much easier to use.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 6:10 PM

I think what you are seeing has been there all along.... maybe you just didn't notice it?? ;^)

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 2:59 AM

Definite possibility but the question remains - what is it there to do?

nhlett 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:51 AM

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.  What do you mean a shot by shot description?  Can you post a screen shot?

*edit* Wait, is this what you're talking about?

I find this to be kind of useless because I'm not on the site and playing the game at the same time.  But if you're someone whos PC can handle being on the site and playing simultaneously then this offers an easy means to follow the game when you don't have the window fronted.  You can also easily switch back to the game window by hitting the return to game button.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 2:22 AM

nivlac:
    But if you're someone whos PC can handle being on the site and playing simultaneously then this offers an easy means to follow the game when you don't have the window fronted.

That's why we need a more distinctive "Sound on Your Turn". I'm unhappy with the new sound, a mere blip, introduced a week ago or so. It's such a quiet sound I've already missed my turn to play quite a few times in recent rounds.    (I usually have other windows overlapping the golf game window, and not only WGT windows. I reserve Chrome for WGT, and surf other pages in Opera simultaneously.)

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 1:26 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

Nivlac, you solved the mystery of never having seen it before. My old computer was memory deficient. Two weeks ago I got a new computer, dual core pentium and 6 GB of memory. What a difference!

To all you players with the jittery swing meter, I have had a smooth meter since I started using the new PC.

Now if I can just hit the center line 100% :-)

nhlett

RSS