Forums

Help › Forums

Wow Faterson is back

Thu, May 14 2020 5:21 PM (40 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:53 PM

Mr Faterson , Hello my name is OPY .    I am just a old Troll here in WGT land but it sure is nice to see you ,   Last time I looked there were Cave paintings of you .

OPY 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:55 PM

Mr. Faterson...good day, sir. We have never met, but from what I can tell from this string, you are highly thought of...at least by most...this Snaike fella y'all mentioned don't seem to like any of us much....lol...I have enclosed his status post:

"With thanks to the morally bankrupt and ethically challenged mouth-breathers of WGT, my time to interact with the forum community is over. I am here for the golf. Nothing more. Your opinions and discussions mean less than nothing to me. Have a nice day|

...oi vey

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:09 PM

And if you knew all the things Snaike had posted to his Wall earlier!

I'm afraid, though, that my Wall isn't any better; those were the days of fury. Unlike Snaike, I'm not going to delete those things from my Wall retroactively; it's all part of (slightly, or very) embarrassing history.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:36 PM

I recall both you and Snaike when I first started playing here, I remember Snaike making his "comeback", but think his time off coincided with newer equipment that he was too many level behind to make up for, and lost his competitive edge...

I recall him being a pretty good MP player, but didn't have the equipment to compete.

Anyways, I'll give a "Hi Ho, welcome back" to ya, even though I don't know ya, but  since Andy and Jim think your Ace's...oh wait....

Is it too late to retract my welcome back? ;)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:56 PM

No worries, I'm likely only very briefly passing by, to vanish soon. Just not getting the work done in recent years that needs to be done; and it's not because I prefer to perform it in bed!

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:58 PM

Mr. Faterson, Welcome Back  A blast from the past to see your name here again.

Try this is running version 45 Chrome

If your version of Chrome is up to date, then the only flash player you will have is pepperflash. The game may or may not be okay for you with pepperflash. 

If you managed to stop Chrome from updating before they completely removed all support for NPAPI plugins, then you are probably bright enough to work out any problems with flash players, so I won't add anything more here.  : )

▲    ▲    ▲    ▲    ▲    ▲    ▲    ▲    ▲

Credit needs to be given to Scotthope for the information above..  This is not mine.  Did edit the first paragraph, to remove unneeded content.

You might even want to take alook at his page.

Scotts profile page

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 5:34 PM

Thank you, Garyk, that resolved the Chrome login troubles. That is, checking that "Always allowed to run" option for Adobe Flash Player in Chrome plugin settings, as pictured in that screenshot.

However, I'm sure you'll admit WGT can't expect their regular non-techie site users to be delving into Chrome plugin settings just to be able to log in to the site. If the desktop game can't get away from Flash completely like the iPad/iPhone game was able to, at least the login screen –  for the sake of these forums, and so that it's possible to manage our profile pages and PMs and Wall posts and blogs – should be displayed without fail outside of Flash on each and every mobile phone and tablet (let alone every desktop browser in its default settings).

Similarly, I'm sure there are workarounds allowing you to run that pest, Flash, on an iPad or an iPhone, but it's too much to ask from regular WGT players. I just don't wish to see any trace of Flash on my iPad/iPhone, period. Steve Jobs was right.

As to testing the game itself in Chrome on a desktop/notebook, I'm not even interested. The desktop game is simply no longer relevant for me. I'm very, very happy with the 100% smooth way WGT golf is running for me on the iPad/iPhone. It's an almost perfect copy of the original desktop game, but minus all the Flash-related bugs and meter stutters!

The only deficiences and flaws I'm aware of in the mobile WGT game currently are the 8 listed earlier in this thread (and some of them are very minor). Apart from those, WGT on mobile is perfect as it is.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:03 PM

Faterson:

No worries, I'm likely only very briefly passing by, to vanish soon. Just not getting the work done in recent years that needs to be done; and it's not because I prefer to perform it in bed!

Ever since the price of hookers went up, and my blow-up doll sprung a leak...I'm in the same boat......(:

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:19 PM

My post originally included a hookers disclaimer, but I removed it at the last second, to preserve some decorum for this thread. The effort was in vain.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:25 PM

Faterson:

Well, for once I'm at a loss for words!

Stick around, have some fun...no work here is needed:)

RSS