Help › Forums

i need help before i break something

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 29 2015 1:56 AM (21 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 9:01 AM

jeepie411:

If they wanted to make this game more realistic most of us would have averages of +18 or more

That's for sure but players wouldn't stick around. If you add 10 strokes to everything you see here, though,  it becomes relatively real.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:48 PM

weeg:
    ,i can have the same shot,same lie,same wind ,and use the same club hit the same shot and i will either over hit or leave it short,what gives

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 6:05 AM

alanti:

weeg:
    ,i can have the same shot,same lie,same wind ,and use the same club hit the same shot and i will either over hit or leave it short,what gives

2.0 precision on the irons he's using could have something to do with that.  LOL

• GolfingSeti
    92 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2015 8:08 AM

weeg:

im getting irritated,and QUIT ADVERTSING THE MOST REALISTIC GOLF GAME, cos its not even close inconsitent maybe,i can have the same shot,same lie,same wind ,and use the same club hit the same shot and i will either over hit or leave it short,what gives

Hi, Weeg

Unfortunatly your 1st post on the WGT Forums reveled what commonly takes place here. That is - A bunch of a-holes chomping at the bit like a school of scummy  piranhas ready to devour anyone with a negative comment towards WGT. 

Will they offer help or possibly guidance? Hell no

Will they troll your profile for chum to fuel the feeding frenzy? Naturally, yes

Option...

Friend someone who plays good, buy them a sleeve maybe, and pick their brains during a round or messaging about how to improve your game and solve some issues you might be having.

The WGT Forums, along with the rest of the game, is a failed experiment where no one had the decency to tag its toe and tell it that it was dead.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2015 6:28 PM

Not sure if you are including me in the bunch of a-holes but if Wegg would have asked a specific question(s). I am sure he would have got a specific answer(s).  

• Jhorn188
    40 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 1:45 AM

GolfingSeti:

weeg:

im getting irritated,and QUIT ADVERTSING THE MOST REALISTIC GOLF GAME, cos its not even close inconsitent maybe,i can have the same shot,same lie,same wind ,and use the same club hit the same shot and i will either over hit or leave it short,what gives

Hi, Weeg

Unfortunatly your 1st post on the WGT Forums reveled what commonly takes place here. That is - A bunch of a-holes chomping at the bit like a school of scummy  piranhas ready to devour anyone with a negative comment towards WGT. 

Will they troll your profile for chum to fuel the feeding frenzy? Naturally, yes

Option...

Friend someone who plays good, buy them a sleeve maybe, and pick their brains during a round or messaging about how to improve your game and solve some issues you might be having.

The WGT Forums, along with the rest of the game, is a failed experiment where no one had the decency to tag its toe and tell it that it was dead.

I disagree. In my short time here on the forum, I think it has been very helpful. A lot of people really do make an effort to help out.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 7:10 AM

GolfingSeti:

I think part of the problem is that the first post made was a negative one.  I'm sure most of us struggled when we are starting out but those of us who play real life golf know that if you hit 10 balls in from the same spot then you are not going to get them to land in the same place.  YJ is a golfer and knows this.   Complaining about the authenticity of the game and then expecting 10 identical shots to land in the same place is a bit of an oxymoron.

GolfingSeti:

Of course they will.  If the OP is playing with high precision gear and getting very erratic results then there is reason to complain.  Starter irons are a different matter though.  What you play makes a huge difference to your game, it's only natural that someone replying to this thread is going to want to see what the OP is using.

GolfingSeti:

I agree in part.  There is a ridiculous amount of shite flung around the forums and very often ego seems to be the driving force behind posts, rather than knowledge or a desire to pass that knowledge on to others. 

However, there are also many who will offer help and advice.  If it's asked for.

This thread started out very negative, therefore it didn't draw any positive replies.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 9:44 AM

"Of course they will.  If the OP is playing with high precision gear and getting very erratic results then there is reason to complain.  Starter irons are a different matter though.  What you play makes a huge difference to your game, it's only natural that someone replying to this thread is going to want to see what the OP is using."

....exactly right. Even though the OPs post seemed to be more of a rant than a question, I also checked his kit to see if he could, firstly, help himself.  He is a Pro level after being on here 6 years (which means he hardly plays) and the majority of his kit is starter. It often boils down to the simple fact that, like most everything, you get out of something what you put into it.  Decent equipment and practice and more playing time will improve your game....period. 

ps.... at least I saved you from having to send a sleeve of balls, to hear the same advice.....:) 

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 1:17 AM

GolfingSeti:
    What a load of utter drivel.

When I was starting out I came into the forums with requests for help and guidance and was overwhelmed with the response I got.

The OP started a thread with the title "I need help..." but instead of asking questions in the area he/she needs help in he/she just moaned.

If you ask questions there are many excellent players here that will give you all the help, advice and guidance you will need and more.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 1:40 AM

Stobsbee:

When I was starting out I came into the forums with requests for help and guidance and was overwhelmed with the response I got.

+1, every time I asked how or why questions I was helped by several people every single time...still happens today!

RSS