Forums

Help › Forums

San Andreas

Tue, Oct 27 2015 3:31 AM (48 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:40 PM

hmm....I knew I shoulda taken up da guitar or da drums when I started into music....da Tuba and da Pan Flute ain't exactly Chick magnets (esp) when you wearing a flower shirt and sporting a mullet hair style.....(:

...just sayin'

ps...I should say da local Oktoberfest crowd liked us...:)...but most of the "honies" at those just waved social security cheques at us (when they weren't looking for their dentures)

...sigh

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 3:17 PM

ct690911:

oneputtdavid:

" let he who is without stones cast the first sin"....which I likewise learned from the .media.  ;-} LOL.....good one SP    Hopefully mind, yours and our countries children know when they've been duped by "our one" political system. You know the "Republicrats"  

wow...I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post...you did mention the GOP, so I will say that, here in Canada, we just elected a Liberal majority Government...the "Fiberals" are very closely aligned with your Democrat party...so, if Ms.Clinton wins the White house, it will probably be good for Canada....(assuming the respective leaders actually tell the truth to each other during convos)......lol

ct .

Nor do I....just lettin' it travel where it wants  And it is fun to wander. Wander to what I am typing next....Donald Trump will be the next POTUS. He needs to be or the USA will not be in celebration on 7-4-2026. The USA has a heritage, a reputation, a history, and a prosperous, safe, free way of life never known in the entire history of earth. But patriotism has morphed. The USA is a business. A business inches away from ruin...forever. Mr. Trump is the only, repeat, only chance we have. If you must ask why, please, I beg you, don't vote. You are not bright. ;-}

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 3:24 PM

Politics!  a  No, No in the forums? but I , my family & most of my peers are backing the "Don"  ..                                                                                                                                                      mostly for this reason   "The USA is a business. "  The USA has a heritage, a reputation, a history, and a prosperous, safe, free way of life .

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 3:40 PM

seriously....how can someone not like "The Donald"?....I wonder. if he wins, will he bring a lot of the current deadwood in just to say "you're fired"?.......:)

ct

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 2:56 AM

1enigma1:
    the Valley & lived in Northridge in 1994 ,

I was living in Toluca Lake at the time. The Northridge Quake came in the middle of the night (which is rare). That was definitely the scariest quake we have had here as far back as I can remember. 

It felt like 6 dudes lifted my bed off the floor and dropped it from 6 feet in the air...I remember running outside into pitch blackness. The ONLY time I had ever seen LA totally blacked out...not a light to be seen. The after shocks were no picnic either; they went on for days.

I live in Malibu now where we get mudslides (if it rains - which it is supposed to all winter, I hear) and horrendous detours that force us to use one of two canyon roads out of the Bu...Maybe I should buy a boat (for the rains) and a helicopter (to escape the island in the event of a good shaker)...lol. 

The subject of a significant magnitude quake on the San Andreas is pretty frightening, to say the least. I hear the movie is pretty good. Now, thanks to Lily, I'm going to have to watch it, I see...so I can lose some more sleep which I rarely get anyway.

Who doesn't love living in SoCal. Drought, brush fires, monsoons and quakes...anybody still want to move here?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:01 AM

ct690911:

seriously....how can someone not like "The Donald"?

ct

Quite easily, he is widely despised in Scotland, mostly for being an absolute c*nt.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:53 AM

Scotland?....oh wait, he owns a Golf course there.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:58 AM

"I live in Malibu now " 

....I heard some actors complaining they couldn't get fire insurance for their homes in Malibu, due to the frequency of major fires in that area ?

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 8:00 AM

CanineSupervisor:

1enigma1:
    the Valley & lived in Northridge in 1994 ,

I was living in Toluca Lake at the time. The Northridge Quake came in the middle of the night (which is rare). That was definitely the scariest quake we have had here as far back as I can remember. 

It felt like 6 dudes lifted my bed off the floor and dropped it from 6 feet in the air...I remember running outside into pitch blackness. The ONLY time I had ever seen LA totally blacked out...not a light to be seen. The after shocks were no picnic either; they went on for days.

I live in Malibu now where we get mudslides (if it rains - which it is supposed to all winter, I hear) and horrendous detours that force us to use one of two canyon roads out of the Bu...Maybe I should buy a boat (for the rains) and a helicopter (to escape the island in the event of a good shaker)...lol. 

The subject of a significant magnitude quake on the San Andreas is pretty frightening, to say the least. I hear the movie is pretty good. Now, thanks to Lily, I'm going to have to watch it, I see...so I can lose some more sleep which I rarely get anyway.

Who doesn't love living in SoCal. Drought, brush fires, monsoons and quakes...anybody still want to move here?

Great desciption , i remember running out of my house in my boxers!  & sleeping in a tent in the front yard  for a couple days cause of the after shocks.........  Malibu , mudslides & the PCH , not a good combo , talk about grid-lock!  ..

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:45 PM

ct690911:
    .I heard some actors complaining they couldn't get fire insurance for their homes in Malibu, due to the frequency of major fires in that area ?

New construction are the ones that are having difficulty getting it because they (actors) want these enormous homes hanging over the hillsides. Unless you clear the brush all the way down the hill for hundreds of feet in all directions (costly), you are probably gonna play hell getting it. 

When you do that, you run the risk of serious mud slides beneath your home. All the people in my neighborhood (a few whatevers live on my road, too) have homes on leveled ground on the hilltop with the brush cut back a good distance. Brush fires up here are commonplace during the fire season. Been here over 15 years - still in one piece...knock on burnt wood.

1enigma1:
    Malibu , mudslides & the PCH , not a good combo , talk about grid-lock!  ..

Lmao Enigma! Is that what we call it? It sucks leaving at 3 AM to be to work at 7...  lmao

I forgot to add 20 hour per/day traffic jams on the 405, 5, 10, the 134 above - need I go on?  lmao.

RSS