skip nav

Forums

can replays be saved on mobile apps ?

Sat, May 4 2019 1:58 PM by pdb1. 39 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,157 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 12:42 PM

Some say no . Some say yes . Some say they come out upside down ?

• ScottHope United Kingdom
    6,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:32 PM

Lol, at least if they were upside down it would be a lot easier to remedy than if it happened on a desktop.  : )

But if you look at the replays pages, there are ones coming in now from mobile devices. I like them because some show consecutive shots.

Example here from Meo63

• pdb1 United States
    20,157 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 7:45 PM

That is way cool . The question was asked by one of my members and I know that a couple others that use mobile have no replays either . 

Thanx Scott

Maybe someone else will have some more on this . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,157 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 11:13 AM

pdb1:
    Maybe someone else will have some more on this .

• kirla United States
    73 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 11:31 AM

I found that if I put my tablet in sleep mode after starting a game, then start up my game client  on my PC, I can play the mobile game on my PC. I haven't finished a mobile game on my PC yet. Don't know if I would be violating any WGT rules or not. 

• pdb1 United States
    20,157 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 11:39 AM

kirla:
    I found that if I put my tablet in sleep mode after starting a game, then start up my game client  on my PC, I can play the mobile game on my PC.

Interesting .

kirla:
    Don't know if I would be violating any WGT rules or not.

Maybe someone can enlighten you .

• kirla United States
    73 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 12:57 PM

Most of the games on mobile are the same as on the PC. Only difference is the weekly 9 hole unlimited mobile game.

I have only played a few times on mobile. I have a cheap tablet. Had to delete all my apps just to install WGT. I still get the low memory warning every time I start a game.

I think I only completed one game in mobile. I stopped playing mobile after losing about 10 dollars in balls. Most of the time I make more bogeys then birdies.

I looked up on the leader board and people are shooting in the twenties on the 9 hole mobile game. I figure I’m not the only player able to play the 9 hole mobile game on there PC.

The way I see it, playing the mobile game on my PC is cheating.  

• pdb1 United States
    20,157 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 1:56 PM

kirla:
    The way I see it, playing the mobile game on my PC is cheating.

If there is not a rule against it . You need not consider it cheating . An advantage is what we are all looking for . WGT has us over a barrel and has always had the GR8est  advantage of all . We consumers have every right to have advantages also . You are not cheating your fellow golf mates . Whatever you may gain will certainly not be missed by the administrators WGT . Play on , dial 1 first .

kirla:
    I looked up on the leader board and people are shooting in the twenties on the 9 hole mobile game.

There are people shooting in the twenties from the red tees also . According to Hoyle . That is not cheating . Just considered an advantage .

I suggest you do a little more testing of the waters . If there isn't a rule against it . Then you have nothing to worry about .

• borntobesting United States
    8,514 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 7:28 PM

First at this time there is no replays on mobile.

• pdb1 United States
    20,157 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 9:46 PM

borntobesting:

First at this time there is no replays on mobile.

ScottHope:

But if you look at the replays pages, there are ones coming in now from mobile devices. I like them because some show consecutive shots.

Example here from Meo63

RSS