Forums

Help › Forums

Spider Putter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 17 2009 4:40 PM (24 replies)
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 1:28 PM

This doesnt surprise me .The only pattern that stays the same with WGT is the lack of common courtesy. Niv is 100% correct on being informed of changes. If you make a club to good admit it ..code error and change it. Seems like another case of releasing something that you have not fully tested. Its your right to it. But when I see something like this that is trying to fly under the radar I get the smell of non-transperncy  poking up the head. Here we go again "I hear you". I 'd give you lost ball, stoke and distance penalty on this gaff. Good post Cobra4

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 1:28 PM

Yeah, I love you WGT, but you've earned a big "BOOOOOO" from me on this one.  Very sneaky indeed.

I steered a lot of players towards the Anser based on that first day of results.  Now I feel kinda like a jackass because I should've steered most of those players to the Spider instead.  Bleh.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 1:52 PM

How many new players are now going to be reluctant to buy new clubs after seeing these posts.

Not very good WGT

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:16 PM

my 2¢ inserted here.

I don't know about 'new' players, cobra, but I will be buying clubs soon.  It's just a bit funny that I wrote about this elsewhere in the bug forum...

Snaike:
    Meanwhile.. those of us who don't have to have all the latest and newest... buying new stuff just for new stuff's sake... are sitting back and waiting for all of this to shake out to see which is the better set for our needs.

And we thank you, oh you buyers and testers of everything new, so we don't have to.

*Edit --- Ps.. Niv, don't worry about it.  You have done enough good for the WGT population as a whole that one WGT foul up is not going to tarnish your reputation. Keep your chin, and the good work, up!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:34 PM

Hi everyone, we did not make any changes to the putters today. As usual, we will post in the Announcements forum if we plan to make a product update.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:39 PM

It wasn't today.  It changed during the transition from 1.32.07 to 1.32.08 I believe which was....what, Monday maybe?

Now it's possible the stats were correct on the putters themselves all along and the pro shop simply displayed incorrect information at first.  Not the first time for that.

However, the fact is that the stats in the pro shop DID change and nobody noticed it until today.

Honest, I wouldn't make this up.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:43 PM

Ok, thanks for the clarification. The attributes have not changed since the July 9th release. In the July 13 update where we made minor bug fixes, the values were adjusted to be in-line with how the club actually performs. Again, no change was made in the performance of the putters.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:46 PM

Ok cool.  Glad I'm not just going crazy :)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:53 PM

If that is the case Alex, then every single putter you have offered has had different values advertised for sale/use than the items actually had.  That's a problem, and if it's an item for sale, it's a bigger problem.

At least you are covered by this, from the Terms & Conditions:

"WORLD GOLF TOUR, FOR ITSELF AND EACH OF ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THE SITE..."

Chalk one up for your legal team.  They didn't leave anything out.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 3:11 PM

So if WGT  are not responsible for the truth and accuracy of there products then who is then ?

RSS