Forums

Help › Forums

Matchplay tips

Sat, Oct 10 2015 5:50 AM (25 replies)
  • FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 2:44 AM

Kepone18:

6. Don't ever quit in a match. Remember that this is medal matchplay so even when he is leading by 2 going to the final hole you still have a chance. Birdie/Bogey and the match is all Square. Bonus: next time you play him/her they will remember it!!!

Think you are playing stroke play rather than matchplay ( which will be why stats are missing ), but the advice is ok, except 2 maybe... know your own club distances/shots I say.

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 10:46 AM

FarFoo:

Kepone18:

6. Don't ever quit in a match. Remember that this is medal matchplay so even when he is leading by 2 going to the final hole you still have a chance. Birdie/Bogey and the match is all Square. Bonus: next time you play him/her they will remember it!!!

Think you are playing stroke play rather than matchplay ( which will be why stats are missing ), 

It is for sure. He wrote also that he has the chance to win at the 3rd hole if he has lost the first two... Mps are another game.I don't consider a 3 holes mp something interesting. Mp has to be played on 9 or 18 holes. 3holes is something like roulette. For the other things, be friendly and polite is somenthing intrinsic in golf, and never quit. Bye

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 1:56 PM

Yes I is comes again to post to here.

After mine last post I is gets many people on mine profile page aks for mine notes on match play tactics.

Two many for me to keep do the emails so peoples can read mine notes on Pinhunters web page here 

http://shortgrass123.wix.com/pinhunters#!match-play-strategy-and-tactics/c1lde

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:54 PM

Incredible to verify how many idiots are around here......

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 1:36 AM

Kepone18:

Stating the obvious? Play better than your opponent? Isn't that stating the obvious!!! And can you please tell me in which sport you don't have to play better than your opponent. The only advice..... man that's lame.

It's not lame at all it's a fact

You are more bothered about what your opponent is doing rather than concentrating on your own game.

Why do you need to look to see what iron your opponent is using on a par 3?. And why do you need to see how far back they swing?.

Don't leave a putt short, who intentionally leaves a putt short?.

Know your yardages, If you don't know your yardages you shouldn't be playing.

Say hi and good luck, again you shouldn't be playing if you are not courteous, but being friendly won't help you win a game. It would make me want to win more if my opponent couldn't be bothered to say Hi.

You are not giving tips out you are just stating what you like to do when playing a stroke play match against another player. 

And there's lots of sports where the best playing team doesn't win. For instance, one team could have 99% possession for 99% of the match, they are playing the other team off the park. Then in the last second the team that has been battered for 99% of the game, score a lucky goal/try and win the game.  So the team that plays the best doesn't always win.

Which certainly wasn't the case when Japan beat South Africa in the Rugby World Cup the other day. The best team definitely won that one.

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 4:15 AM

Well man your advice obviously does not work for you. You lose 51% of your games!!!!!. And here is the sad part.... against other tour legends you lose 87.5%. So if I were you id actually listen to my advice.

So just for you here is another 2 tips

1. Play the course not the opponent. ( the pressure must be getting to you!!!!)

2. Play more games against the hacks and amateurs because you have a good record against them.

PS I sent you a friend request so check on your iPhone or ipad. go to friends list click on my name and my hth stats will show for this month. Because I play only on the mobile it wont show on the forums. And then if you have some chutzpah we can play 9 holes. no credits. no bs. Your stroke average may be better than mine but you are a poor match play player.

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 11:15 AM

Kepone18:

Well man your advice obviously does not work for you. You lose 51% of your games!!!!!. And here is the sad part.... against other tour legends you lose 87.5%. So if I were you id actually listen to my advice.

So just for you here is another 2 tips

1. Play the course not the opponent. ( the pressure must be getting to you!!!!)

2. Play more games against the hacks and amateurs because you have a good record against them.

PS I sent you a friend request so check on your iPhone or ipad. go to friends list click on my name and my hth stats will show for this month. Because I play only on the mobile it wont show on the forums. And then if you have some chutzpah we can play 9 holes. no credits. no bs. Your stroke average may be better than mine but you are a poor match play player.

Considering I hardly play matchplay anymore those stats are from 3 /4 years ago when I was playing as a tour pro or lower so I am  bound to lose against players of a higher level. I don't have an I phone or I pad. And even if I did why would I want to look at your stats? they mean absolutely Sweet FA. Playing 3 hole games is not even a proper match it's something you would do when waiting for a bus to pass 5 minutes. Any time you see me green I'll play you so take a note of how far I take my back swing as you will be going second  a lot.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 12:26 PM

Kepone18:
    And then if you have some chutzpah we can play 9 holes. no credits. no bs. Your stroke average may be better than mine but you are a poor match play player.

Hiya Al, hiya pal.

• tiaz79
    681 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 4:48 PM

Tamsach:

Finalmente hai deciso di usare correttamente lo specchio che hai nel cesso. 

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 5:43 PM

tiaz79:

Tamsach:

Finalmente hai deciso di usare correttamente lo specchio che hai nel cesso. 

?? scusa, ma chi sei? che ti ho fatto?!?!

RSS