Help › Forums

Issues with viewing certain things on the website

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 21 2009 3:31 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 7:30 PM

For some reason on my new computer I'm unable to view certain parts of the webpage. The Pro Shop icons, the leader boards, the player search and also the subcategories on the player profile pages. In order to look at these things I have to log in on my laptop which is about 6 years old. If anyone has any idea why this is happening, could you help me figure it out and fix it?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 7:52 PM

Probably your resolution.  YouTube guide here.

*Edit ... from the FAQ.

Why can't I see the entire screen?

If you cannot see the entire screen it is probably due to a screen resolution problem. The best way to fix this is to load the Control Panel from the Start Menu. Click on the Display icon and then go to the Settings tab within Display. Move the slider on the Screen Resolution section to 1280 x 800 pixels, or anything larger than 1024 by 768 pixels. This should allow all of the information on the screen to be displayed. Click here to watch a quick tutorial on how to do this.

You should also turn off extra toolbars (like Google, Yahoo, and the like) and make sure you are playing the game in a mimimum of 1024x768 resolution. You can change this by updating the Display section of your Control Panel.

• Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:04 PM

That isn't the case. The resolution is only for the actual game window. I'm talking about the basic WGT website. Resolution doesn't effect those things I mentioned. When i go into the Pro Shop for instance, all i see when I click on a brand or club type is a gray box that doesn't even display any of the clubs. On my other, older computer, that is not a problem. The is a non game function problem.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:06 PM

What are the specs for your computer and what browser are you using.  Have you tried Firefox and flash 10?

• Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:10 PM

I am using both Firefox and Flash 10. I have had some issues with my anti-virus protection with other things in the past. I'm using CA Security Center. "Computer Associates". I'm hesitant to uninstall this but I was hoping that someone might know better than I how to fix the problem.

• Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:20 PM

The scrolling stats that run the rounds played/balls hit numbers....that doesn't work for some reason either.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 10:39 AM

Hi Curtis, can you check to see if Javascript is enabled on your browser? For Firefox, go to Tools > Options > “Content” tab and check the “Enable JavaScript” checkbox.

• Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 11:11 AM

Checked the JavaScript and that was already enabled. Still unable to see certain things.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 4:03 PM

Have you cleared your browser and Flash cache already? http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

If so, let us know...

• Curtis818
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 8:22 PM

Did both those things. No change.

• PAGES
RSS