Help › Forums

high trajectory lvl 75 irons

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 3 2015 10:41 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Emjl
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:23 PM

Can anyone recommend a high trajectory lvl 75 iron set that will last into the upper tiers.

Also nobody seems to have made any opinions on the new Odyssey lvl 74 tank putter.

I was thinking the Odyssey lvl70 versa but I'm not sure.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 4:59 PM

The T/Made Speed blades lvl-75 should do the trick. And get the lvl 70 Versa#1 putter. I am lvl 93 now and still have not found a better putter than that one.

Jacko.

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 5:32 PM

Lutjanid, i hit the LVL 75 Speedblades. Very good clubs. Pair them with the LVL 34 slow meter Callaways ,play around with learning the spin, and you will become very accurate ans close. As for the LVL 70 Versa. Have tried it and really liked it. Just so used to the scales of my method that i see no need to change.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:59 PM

The Versa has .5 more balance than the Lvl 77 Method. I need all the help I can get.;-)

• Emjl
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:04 PM

Ok, thanks.

• Emjl
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 12:49 PM

.5 more balance? What does balance actually do in the virtual world? I just don't know.

• Emjl
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 1:55 PM

The Taylormade Speedblades meter is so fast with the use of the default balls. A little better but still fast using the WGT Tour-SD balls and great stoppage. Haven't tried the Srixon Z-Stars L11 yet until tonight.

Waiting for L76 for the RTX 100yd wedge.

On the fence about the L80 RTX 80yd wedge or the Max Spin L51 75 yarder. Actually I bought it last night but asked to return it because of the L76 RTX 100 yarder. Din't realize at the time that I was somewhat close. It's only 5 yards but... I'm thinking I should wait and forgo the 5.0 spin of the Max Spin wedge.

Putter will be last as It is still a good putter. Just player errors.

Any thoughts?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 4:33 PM

Emjl:

.5 more balance? What does balance actually do in the virtual world? I just don't know.

The same thing it does here-keeps the putter swing stable and you get a better roll. Balance on a putter here is what keeps a putt from drifting off line. The longer putts will hold the line better.

Imagine using a balsa wood putter. You'd have to have a death grip on it to start with because the ball is going to deflect it. Then you have to muscle the putt because you're pretty much putting with an extension of your forearms and if they're not perfect, the putt suffers.

Replace that putter with one that is balanced and has weight where it needs to be. It swings so nice all you have to do is hold on. IMO, WGT nailed the balance spec with the putters because it does make a difference, the higher you go.  :-)

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 5:50 PM

Emjl, the Speedblades meter is a tad quick. That can be an adventure for me sometimes, especially when the meter and/or my hand / eye coordination get a little twitchy. No way could i keep up with fast meter balls consistently. I just bite the bullet and buy the LVL 34 Callaways with the 3.5 meter speed. They do slow things down a bit. Yeah i know they're a touch pricey, but it it what it is.

• Emjl
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 10:42 PM

Thanks for the explanation YankeeJim.

Budfan4861,

I just bought and played a round with the Callaway Hex Chrome L1 2.0, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5 for 300 credits. They seem ok based only on meter. But the distance, I'm not sure yet and the meter is really slow.

The balls you recommend are credit killers for sure. I may check them out once I run through these Hex Chromes.

It seems I need at least 2.5 meter speed. I Just bought the WGT GI3-S with a meter of 2.5. They seem to be pretty good at the meter plus hold the greens pretty good. I want a cheap alternative as well "Kardashian" level. The Srixon Z-Stars are garbage. Still too fast.

No matter the name of the ball, you think I need at least a 3.5 meter? Or do all 2.5 meter Callaway balls behave differently?

Just asking because it is very hard trying to find a good combo.

Thanks for the info btw.

• PAGES
RSS