Forums

Help › Forums

Sat, May 4 2019 5:56 PM (21 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2015 7:40 AM

pdb1:

alosso:
    What are you saying? Is it o.k. to sell an item with hidden limitations, making it obsolete for the buyer?

Does it advertise for mobile avatars ? What would give someone the impression that all this is available on mobile . If they do ? Then it would be false advertising . 

No its not ok . Further more even though it may not say so , the fact is if you can access it on mobile and purchase it on mobile  Then you would assume that you could use it on mobile . If not so then the game should let the player know this . The game wont let you purchase clubs if not at the proper level and it will also tell you so . Then players should get this same type of notification when making purchases from the different types of devices .

This is just a new money grab by WGT and nothing more . If you already have an account will it work on all 3 platforms ? No which means you have to start a new account and purchase new gear . This not only will over inflate the player numbers for advertisers but also generates 3xs the money per player . That is something you can bet they considered which is why it is the way it is .

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2015 7:34 PM

The main reason for the web avatars not being available on mobile is that there are no lefthanded avatars on the web but we can play lefthsnded on mobile because there are only 2 avatars of each sex.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:02 AM

WGT has only so much cash to spend.  Just think of the cost for the gold putter to give to the winning CC in clash.  Not to mention the extra cost for the tee markers.  And the cost for the extra passes.  Must be close to a million dollars.

• Snout71
    144 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 7:25 AM

I agree, many players play on their iPads now and even mobile phones. I myself purchased an avatar believing it to work in my iPad and gutted to find out it didnt

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 2:00 AM

As far as I can see, you can't buy an avatar in the mobile game but you can in the PC version which screams out to me that if it's bought on the PC version, it will only work on there.

I think some of you would be surprised at how many are using mobile, go look at the amount of players in the coin rooms, add to that those playing other parts of the game eg CC comps and there are a significant amount of us. This is a new and lucrative revenue stream for WGT and I have no doubt that in future, anything that makes them money, if it can be ported to mobile, it will be.

• ChuckysDAD
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 12:47 PM

I agree 100%

same thing happened to me I spent 800 credits on an avatar only to find out you can't use it on the mobile game

and my web browser will not allow me to play the game on the web

and I don't want to change my web browser just for a game

so I too want my credit back !

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 3:03 PM

ChuckysDAD:

I agree 100%

same thing happened to me I spent 800 credits on an avatar only to find out you can't use it on the mobile game

and my web browser will not allow me to play the game on the web

and I don't want to change my web browser just for a game

so I too want my credit back !

A lot of folks here use a specific web browser for this game and nothing else.  It is quite simple, so that should not hold you back from playing on PC.  You can set up the "home page" for that browser to wgt.com or the game client and only start that browser to play.

RSS