Forums

Help › Forums

As usual, same old vanishing wind

Thu, Aug 27 2015 2:09 PM (1 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 12:37 PM

having posted a decent score in the Valhalla CTTH tournament, i entered the 2nd round, and haveing landed within 1.6 yards on 1st hole (high winds) and received heartbeat all the way to hole 5, i was confident of the 178 yarder with a 14 mph tailwind, i play same shot all the time and spin down the bank and land 7 yards away AT WORST, but was gobsmacked to see my shot hit with 180 iron full spin, slightly under hit land on the fairway with a grand old total of 161 yards.  As usual, somewhere during the round wgt gives me NO WIND, and probably played the shot with the 165 iron.  (ALTHOUGH I HAD TRIPLE CHECKED to see 180 iron in hand) This added 50 to my score, so instead of being in top ten at least I have to suffer a mediocre score.  I see this happening so often, i'm sure many players rounds must be manipulated allowing a small section ONLY to post scores capable of, or allowed to win.  I apologize if this sound like a rant or moan, its just so frustrating when you've wasted balls qualifying with decent score only to get ROBBED of a good posting due to a hole where A) wind didn't efect shot and, B)  maybe wgt's caddy selected wrong club however 21+ yards short is a MASSIVE DESCREPANCY.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 2:09 PM

chrisironsbones:

having posted a decent score in the Valhalla CTTH tournament, i entered the 2nd round, and haveing landed within 1.6 yards on 1st hole (high winds) and received heartbeat all the way to hole 5, i was confident of the 178 yarder with a 14 mph tailwind, i play same shot all the time and spin down the bank and land 7 yards away AT WORST,

Hole #4 is the 178 yarder so you had heartbeat on the first 3 holes.

RSS