Help › Forums

How to plan your Tier Promotion

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 3 2016 9:49 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RAFBlackace
    479 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:41 PM

When I gained promotion to Tour Master. I tracked the best 50 rounds that went into my average. I then created a spreadsheet that looked like this.

9 hole score - Equivalent 18 hole score - No of Rounds - Total strokes

-4                      64                              18                    1152

-5                      62                              17                    1054

-6                      60                               9                      540

-7                      58                               5                      290

-8                      56                               1                      56

-9                      54                               0                      0

The number of rounds are the number of rounds I have played and achieved that score. No -9's unfortunately.

Total Strokes is simply the number of rounds x 18 hole score (18x64=1152)

As I am Tour Master, the total number of rounds in the bank equals 50, so if I simply total up the number of strokes and divide that by 50. I get my current average. 61.84.

No advantage there, because you know your current average. But I can duplicate this table, and put it theoretical numbers to see what the minimum is I need to get to 61 average and gain promotion.

As it stands. I need 15 rounds at -5 and 3 rounds at -6 to gain promotion to Legend.

Its a simple table, and it gives you clarity of what you have, and what you need, to gain promotion. Of course, you have to know what your best rounds are to enter the values.

Hope some of you find this useful. Because there is a lot of confusion as to why it takes so long to get your average down.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 11:35 AM

cool maths but

1, if you win some credits you will be legend before you can say I Am Legend! (ready gos)

2. dont be in a rush to be a legend 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 3:46 PM

3. Beating Legends in Matchplay may beat the average down tremendously, credits involved or not.

RAFBlackace:
    As it stands. I need 15 rounds at -5 and 3 rounds at -6 to gain promotion to Legend.

Please, please, get away from relative numbers! "-5" may be equivalent to 58 on OLY front 9 or 67 on STA full 18 - not a number to discuss averages!

And, there will be many ways to achieve a certain average, no need to count rounds of certain scores. It's a dangerous way, especially later, as a Legend, because chasing 500 scores is boring and fatiguing. Risk of burn-out.

Be sure to have fun, that's most important!!

• RAFBlackace
    479 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 8:03 PM

Oh for crying out loud.

alosso:

3. Beating Legends in Matchplay may beat the average down tremendously, credits involved or not.

RAFBlackace:

Please, please, get away from relative numbers! "-5" may be equivalent to 58 on OLY front 9 or 67 on STA full 18 - not a number to discuss averages!

And, there will be many ways to achieve a certain average, no need to count rounds of certain scores. It's a dangerous way, especially later, as a Legend, because chasing 500 scores is boring and fatiguing. Risk of burn-out.

Be sure to have fun, that's most important!!

Oh for crying out loud.

I just beat a legend in match play and got promoted to legend with an average of 61.7. This is NOT what I wanted at all. I was using the table to know where I was and how I needed to wait to level up to get the clubs I wanted.

This I did not know.

Ah well. Life goes on. Still should be fun playing from the black tees with my 275 R1 driver LOL.

Maybe they saw this post and decided to punish me?

• dawa06
    263 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 9:30 AM

And you will see soon : your driver is not a problem. Your ironset is.

When I reach Legend like you, beating a Legend, I didn't become Legend on purpose ...

I had the same ironset as your ... Hard time to reach some greens. I spent lot of time to reach a good level and pick some descent ironset.

Be brave.

• RAFBlackace
    479 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 10:15 AM

Ironic that I called the thread "How to Plan..." and then got promoted when I didn't want it LOL.

I just played my first ever round at St Andrews as Legend. Just to give me an idea what to expect.

It was going really well on the front 9 and I posted a best ever -9 for the front 9 holes. Another birdie at the tenth and I thought I was dreaming. 10 under par after only 10 holes.

Then it got tougher. A birdie at the 13th saw me go to -11. I held that until the dreaded 17th hole where I had a nightmare and double bogied to go back to -9. Missed a birdie putt on the 18th to finish at -9 for the round.

Not a terrible start to my Legend career (on the front 9 anyway). But I doubt I will ever shoot a round like that again. I'm only here to have fun anyway, I don't do politics and I don't really care what other players get. I'm just happy to play the machine.

• RAFBlackace
    479 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:10 PM

dawa06:

And you will see soon : your driver is not a problem. Your ironset is.

When I reach Legend like you, beating a Legend, I didn't become Legend on purpose ...

I had the same ironset as your ... Hard time to reach some greens. I spent lot of time to reach a good level and pick some descent ironset.

Be brave.

Thanks. I have had my current clubs since Tour Pro, and they are now well short of what I need. I am going to hang on playing with what I have for a month or so until I level up enough to get what I want. I don't expect to win many games, but it will be fun trying.

If anything my mistake has always been advancing too fast. It took me a total of 87 days to go all the way from Hack to Legend. I have never been at the level my tier required, so the clubs I wanted have always been locked. I'll just wait till they are unlocked.

Take care bud, and thanks for the encouragement.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:32 PM

Welcome to the new game! lol could be worse i hit legend at level 50 something, id wait till 85 or 90 to get your new irons the 90 irons are a game changer.

grats on your first round as a legend, 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:40 PM

When you get there get the L79+ Rocketbladez . They are a good set of irons and can carry you to L90+ for the better irons . They are a silent set of irons but a nice secret none the less . :-)

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 7:31 AM

lonniescott711:

When you get there get the L79+ Rocketbladez . They are a good set of irons and can carry you to L90+ for the better irons . They are a silent set of irons but a nice secret none the less . :-)

i had them i hated them what a load of crap they are

• PAGES
RSS