Help › Forums

Cross Platform play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 14 2017 2:13 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dad19
    12 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 3:15 PM

Is there a way that players playing on anything other than computers/laptops be marked as such? PITA when you invite new friends, they accept, then you invite to play later and you can't because of cross platform not allowed.

Thanks

• WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 6:07 PM

Dad19:

Is there a way that players playing on anything other than computers/laptops be marked as such? PITA when you invite new friends, they accept, then you invite to play later and you can't because of cross platform not allowed.

Thanks

Hi Dad19,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately there isn't an option to play cross platform. People using the web game will not be able to play with mobile players and visa versa. This is something that I have heard talked about but so far no news if this would be a feature in the future or not.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:38 PM

please fix multi-player games

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:55 PM

WGTShamWow:
    Unfortunately there isn't an option to play cross platform. People using the web game will not be able to play with mobile players and visa versa. This is something that I have heard talked about but so far no news if this would be a feature in the future or not.

Someone better let Mr. Cheng know then.....

YuChiang Cheng, WGT Media founder and CEO:
    The existing web players can seamlessly login to mobile with no friction and the mobile players can play multiplayer game against WGT players on any platform.

Source: WGT scores 3M downloads as it shifts its golf simulation to mobile

• julio1235
    238 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 8:02 PM

There ain't nothing that gets by Andyson  Get'em Andy.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:41 PM

Oouch - WGT caught red-handed.

• Dad19
    12 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 10:05 PM

I understand that - What I want is an icon or something that says they only play on phone - A waste of my time to invite friend - then when friend - invite game - only to say cross platform - If only cross platform or majority - ther e needs to be something that flags that - SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 2:59 PM

Dad19:
    What I want is an icon or something that says they only play on phone

Fair call and should be done.

But wow at the following from the late and great Andyson (man we will miss him).- I had not seen this before.

Classic WGT....the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.....

andyson:

WGTShamWow:
    Unfortunately there isn't an option to play cross platform. People using the web game will not be able to play with mobile players and visa versa. This is something that I have heard talked about but so far no news if this would be a feature in the future or not.

Someone better let Mr. Cheng know then.....

YuChiang Cheng, WGT Media founder and CEO:
    The existing web players can seamlessly login to mobile with no friction and the mobile players can play multiplayer game against WGT players on any platform.

Source: WGT scores 3M downloads as it shifts its golf simulation to mobile

• Dad19
    12 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 5:28 AM

Understand and obviously would be great to be able to cross play. Issue also is that when you invite friend, you do not know they only play cross platform. Can you put something in account info or somewhere so when their profile is pulled up it will say PC only, tablet or phone only. Pain in the ass to keep inviting and deleting

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 10:16 AM

WGTShamWow:

Dad19:

Thanks

Hi Dad19,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately there isn't an option to play cross platform. People using the web game will not be able to play with mobile players and visa versa. This is something that I have heard talked about but so far no news if this would be a feature in the future or not.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

last night i was playing with a friend who opened wgt on mobile and on pc... everytime i sent an invite he accepted becoming green in the tee but after 10 second he was getting off with the write : cross platform unsupported....   when he logged out from mobile the problem ended..

• PAGES
RSS