Help › Forums

If you have a good air conditioner

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 8 2021 1:44 PM (39 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:20 AM

pdb1:

Well it was fking hot  today . ASU move in day . Spent 4 hours in 117 degrees & 70% humidity moving my daughters stuff into her fancy new off campus dorm . 

Rare high humidity like that . I was drenched .

Not so rare if there was a rain shower yesterday but there was none.  No argument it was effin' hot in Phoenix yesterday, but no need to exaggerate. Highs were 114 and 33% humidity in Tempe yesterday.  That's bad enough for anyone!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:37 AM

33% humidity Andy ? That's dry as dust buddy ...it's 76.1 degrees here right now ...

HUMIDITY - 98% 

Today it will only get up to 90 degrees ... but with THAT humidity level ?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 7:04 AM

Yep Don, "It's a dry heat!" LOL

7am here and 94 degrees with 33% humidity. People are out for their morning walk/run....

I have much respect for the folks who are able to live in your conditions!  I'm not one of them for sure!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 8:06 AM

Multi-task here if you wear soap on a rope when outside.  Each step leaves a puddle of sweat.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 9:50 AM

andyson:

Yep Don, "It's a dry heat!" LOL

7am here and 94 degrees with 33% humidity. People are out for their morning walk/run..

Heh, there's a lot to be said for that dry heat. Playing baseball in 94 degree heat in November there was nice! Wore a jersey under the uniform to catch the sweat and act as a cooler during the games. In between innings you could sit in the dugout and draw stuff in the dust with the sweat dripping off your saturated baseball hat.  LOL

p.s., You think pdb knows where you live?  ;-)

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 10:42 AM

It wasn't meant to be taken literally ... it was meant as an exaggeration in comparison to 98% humidity ... I thought people understood hyperbole but apparently not ...

pdb1:

donsprintr:

33% humidity Andy ? That's dry as dust buddy ...it's 76.1 degrees here right now ...

HUMIDITY - 98% 

donsprintr:
    That's dry as dust

Very poor and inaccurate description 

RSS