Help › Forums

Bug Release 8/5

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 18 2015 11:13 AM (47 replies)
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:31 PM

11BC2:

Camera angles look great ;).  However, the Meter is still all kinds of crazy with huge Flash leaks and resource drag.  At least for me, absolutely impossible to play any kind of ALT or MP game.  I might be able to squeeze out some CTTH with a cache dump after every 9 shots but thats about it.

This is what I'm talking about right here. I'm getting the same thing with the meter dammit. Well said

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:43 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

11BC2:

Camera angles look great ;).  However, the Meter is still all kinds of crazy with huge Flash leaks and resource drag.  At least for me, absolutely impossible to play any kind of ALT or MP game.  I might be able to squeeze out some CTTH with a cache dump after every 9 shots but thats about it.

This is what I'm talking about right here. I'm getting the same thing with the meter dammit. Well said

Something else that might help both you BC's--since the last update, when playing numerous games in a row, the game start to deteriorate. Closing and reopening the browser fixes it for a few games. Apparently the Flash cache gets too full or something like that. Never used to be that way either but it works. 

• JLeary1
    416 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:46 PM

Appreciate the fix, but if wgt people are reading this, two other things I hope others will agree are in pressing need of attention:

* Meter is more unstable / unpredictable these days - it went from the best it has ever been for me to regularly back to its good old "fly past the ding" or sticking really early again..

* Also white screens with a "!" seem to be plagueing everyone I play with now, and I can get a white screen crash as often as every 5 or 6 holes played. Can't send through anything via right click coz once you get a white screen, that's it, browser restart required. I've played in skins matches where someone is getting the crash every other hole..

For example on the latter, Valhalla CTTH, hit the flagstick on the full, ball rolled off the green, wgt game freaked out and couldn't cope and threw up a white screen with "!".

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 2:01 PM

YankeeJim:

BubbaCrusher007:

11BC2:

Something else that might help both you BC's--since the last update, when playing numerous games in a row, the game start to deteriorate. Closing and reopening the browser fixes it for a few games. Apparently the Flash cache gets too full or something like that. Never used to be that way either but it works. 

this is soo true i do it every 9 holes

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 2:05 PM

Edit:  NVM =/.  Tried to play 2 CTTH Ready Go's and the Camera Angles are still ALL kinds of messed up.  Additionally, I use the Callaway 33s before update which are now called Softs.  I concur with everyone else saying the balls behavior is VERY MUCH DIFFERENT than it's the old name.

So the Angles are still bad.  The meter is still an atrocity and the new Callaways are whacked too. ;).  I'm really doing my best not to be all kinds of rude ^^ but it seems like the same "students" that put out the update are the ones attempting to fix the bugs they created.

All kinds of bad man..............Absolutely nothing has actually been fixed.

• KhR0N1K
    18 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 2:54 PM

some of the ball jerkyness and panning shot jerkyness has seemed to clear up as well. i don't think the meter will ever be fully smooth and i know that is one thing that does depend on which browser u use etc. but ya im sure they can fix it somehow if they really wanted to. and ya at least the camaeras are usable now.

Edit: just finished a round and def. the game is back to "playable" status for me anyways. most of the camera angles are fixed and my biggest issue was the ball flight and ball roll jerkyness as well as the stuttering camera panning. it seems to be as smooth as it was before the last patch if not even a little bit better.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 6:28 PM

Nothing but improvement here...camera views fixed, meter smooth, ball rolls much more smoothly on the greens.  At least on my end, the fun is back.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 7:15 PM

I use Nike balls and never usually play CTTH so can't comment there.

First round a few wobbles, but then cleared everything like instructed :), and also rebooted.  Everything is working like a dream here, but then it was only the camera angles that were a nuisance here anyway.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 7:59 PM

mkg335:

Nothing but improvement here...camera views fixed, meter smooth, ball rolls much more smoothly on the greens.  At least on my end, the fun is back.

Same here, overall the best it's been in quite a while. Nice to have the camera icon back to what it was. I wasn't having problems with the meter, but was having problems with jittery screens, jerky ball movements, etc. That's back to being nice and smooth.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 8:02 PM

WGTChampion:

• Camera Zoom 
  • Replay Crash
  • Thanks for the update.

I played a game this morning to check things out.

Much better on my side.

• My meter is still OK not perfect but definitely OK
    • The forever flipping views on the tee are gone thanks
    • The camera views on the fairway make much better sense again , thanks
    • I managed a Double Eagle so the few replays I watched of that didn't crash anything and there was an URL to Share forward also. Thanks
    • I still haven't seen any blinking balls.

But all in all , my game today seemed to be pretty fine.

• I still get the rolling Login panel, reloading flash applet.

Which tells me there are further fixes to be found within the flash coding.

The white screen with the (!) in the middle is certainly a "flash crash" - i usually get it when i have like a dozen Facebook, YouTube pages open or in fact a dozen member profiles open when necessary to do an efficient DELETE of friends..
    I have got it here 2 or 3 times since the last update - none today - perhaps only in a MP game.

Someone suggested to reload your browser after every game to avoid it, this would be a good idea.

WGTChampion:
    We are still working on other bug fixes that will come in an update later this month. 

A changelog would be really good for these things. the community can see that all known frustrations are being looked at and would certainly help with our patience as does any updates like this.
    Providing a 'to do' list and a 'changelog' puts the community on YOUR SIDE, it will allow the community to answer others who haven't seen the updates pending.
    We would work on YOUR behalf, reducing forum dissent and members hatred.

WGTChampion:
    Thank you for your patience.

Yep.

RSS