Forums

Help › Forums

Questions concerning xp points and more.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 6 2015 8:06 AM (23 replies)
  • SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:09 AM

3-4 weeks ago, i saw how playing everyday help get more xp points that help me level up faster so that i have access to better clubs but apart from that, i have no clue what those xp points are useful for. After clearly telling someone that i didn't know what the usefulness of my xp points were for a country club and asking her what they would be useful for, and also asking about the weekly race that she seems to be going after, week after week, the reply i got was

>>XP and Clash results are important to this Team. That's all You really need to know<<

I obviously came across someone who values those xp points very much, if not too much, but after much writing back and forth, too much of that too, i was never explained anything but was instead expected to just go chase after those xp points without understanding why and without knowing what that race is all about.

So i would appreciate having real answers instead of evasive ones please.

• StingerWelsh
    1,021 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:41 PM

The XP donated to your club will help achieve things like shot-pal and putter-pal for all members, some CC Tournament options and other small perks.  Not a great deal, but oh well...

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:09 AM

I see. So there are real benefits for members of a club then? Son of a gun, why didn't she just say so instead of giving me a dumb reply and then, making fun of my lack of knowledge and understanding on her country club forum.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:19 AM

I would qualify the above answer you were given.

There are some CC benefits for members getting CC XPs BUT after a certain point they are of no beneficial use.

Depending on the size and goals of the CC there are absolutely no benefits after level 16. Many would argue that there are no benefits after CC Level 11. Some argue even lower levels than those two.

So, in my opinion, if the person that told you that was in a CC of say level 3 or 4 then yes it is important to the CC. If the CC was at Level 16+ they were pulling your leg.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:29 AM

SleemanMan:
    So there are real benefits for members of a club then?

Yes there are. They are visible in detail only from inside a CC. For these benefits, the CC needs a certain level, and for levelling it needs XPs donated via CC passes in parallel to the player's XPs - all items unknown to CC-less people.

IMHO, the only monetary - ehm - credit-worth benefits are the unlimited Putting Pal and Shot Pal which come within CC level 4. The other benefits have no commercial value, they include

- rising limits in member numbers, from 15 to 250,

- rising number of parallel CC tournaments, from 20 to 40,

- rising number of Directors (1 to 6?), a title with no special functions,

- rising amount of XP boni for the member and for the CC, up to 5% and 10% resp.

Add a few gimmiks which aren't worth mentioning.

This happens until level 16, from then on there's no benefits for those CCs in levels 17, 18 and 19 currently. Level 20 appears to be unreachable in the next years.

While new CCs may need the member limits to rise and the CC tournaments may be important in big and active CCs, the other items aren't worth a dime to me and do not justify any hype to chase CC points with CC passes, but they motivate quite a few owners to demand CC passes and playing, and member to oblige to this grind which only aims to shove credits into the company's purses.

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:07 PM

EasyEdward:
    So, in my opinion, if the person that told you that was in a CC of say level 3 or 4 then yes it is important to the CC. If the CC was at Level 16+ they were pulling your leg.

Thank you for your response. She was pulling my leg then because it's a high level club. 18 or 19 i believe. I really don't understand why she made such a big fuss about the whole damn thing!! Even asking me >>Why not commit to playing everyday?<< She really wanted me to go chase those xp points so that her club would remain on top and win every week that race that i still don't know anything about!!

But the worse part is that she copied and pasted the whole private conversation we had to her club forum, made fun of the whole situation, calling me Norman Holden and then, accepted my request to join as she had not deleted it. Very unethical if you ask me. Thought about writing to WGT customer service about that but nahhh. Ain't gonna waste my time with this bs.

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:12 PM

alosso:

SleemanMan:
    So there are real benefits for members of a club then?

Yes there are. They are visible in detail only from inside a CC. For these benefits, the CC needs a certain level, and for levelling it needs XPs donated via CC passes in parallel to the player's XPs - all items unknown to CC-less people.

IMHO, the only monetary - ehm - credit-worth benefits are the unlimited Putting Pal and Shot Pal which come within CC level 4. The other benefits have no commercial value, they include

- rising limits in member numbers, from 15 to 250,

- rising number of Directors (1 to 6?), a title with no special functions,

- rising amount of XP boni for the member and for the CC, up to 5% and 10% resp.

Add a few gimmiks which aren't worth mentioning.

This happens until level 16, from then on there's no benefits for those CCs in levels 17, 18 and 19 currently. Level 20 appears to be unreachable in the next years.

While new CCs may need the member limits to rise and the CC tournaments may be important in big and active CCs, the other items aren't worth a dime to me and do not justify any hype to chase CC points with CC passes, but they bring quite few owners to demand CC passes and playing, and member to oblige to this grind which only aims to shove credits into the company's purses.

Thanks for the added details :) Nice to finally have some real answers!

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:39 PM

alosso:

After I posted my reply I figured out who the "she" was (easy to do) - guess chasing nothing and winning Clashes is their thing. For me, I hope Clashes are dead and buried.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:21 PM

alosso:

This is good.

alosso:
    rising number of Directors (1 to 6?), a title with no special functions,

I allow my Directors some of the new special functions - sending club emails for one.

alosso:
    do not justify any hype to chase CC points with CC passes,

I ask my members to use the free ones each time they log in to play. This maintains our club at a decent level for our demographic.

If and when WGT decide there will be more on offer for CC Xp i'd like to be in the running.

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 6:54 PM

EasyEdward:
    After I posted my reply I figured out who the "she" was (easy to do) - guess chasing nothing and winning Clashes is their thing. For me, I hope Clashes are dead and buried.

You're quite right. Easy to do as you say :-)

One more question here. Well, make that two.

A) Does wining that weekly race give anything at all?

B) Same goes for the Clashes. Any benefits from those?

RSS