Forums

Help › Forums

WINDOWS 10 IT HAS ARRIVED

Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:08 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 8:29 AM

Windows 10 is now available to download . has anyone taken the plunge yet ? Since it comes with a new browser I for one am kind of hesitant to try it .  I have 8.1 which I `m not fond of as well . Still missing 7 home premium as it was great .

So if you have installed 10 how is it and does the game play well with it ? Would love to know first as I`m afraid to take the plunge .

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 9:01 AM

I have it now.

Windows media centre not included.  : (

Can't get Edge browser to work correctly. Can't type anything into it, then it disappears off the screen after a few seconds.  Working okay now.  : )

My antivirus (Kaspersky) is not compatible with it. Working now.  : )

I couldn't get WGT to play well with Win 8 and I haven't tried it with 10 yet, so no comment on that side of things.  : |

I like it better than Win 8, but not as much as Win 7 but I'm more familiar with that as you might expect.

I screwed up the initial installation so it took me 8 hours in total to get set up, what a dork I am, hehe.  : )

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 10:22 AM

I have it , but what is this Edge brower your talking about? The game works fine with Windows 10

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 11:19 AM

It's Microsofts new browser. Win 10 still has IE but they want you to use the cutting 'EDGE'.  : )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:02 PM

ScottHope:
    I have it now.

How long did the DL take? I thought I read somewhere that it came in several updates.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:12 PM

Windows 10 is "secretly" downloading the set-up files to everyone's PC that reserved Win 10. I checked, and did find the folder and files, though I am still running 8.1. 

They said they are doing this way to avoid over-load, and to knock download and install times down some. 

When it asks if you're ready, it won't take long, if the files are already in that "secret folder". 

This explains it better.

Not sure how to post a website link. Just copy and paste.

http://www.filecritic.com/windows-10-is-launching-tomorrow-but-it-may-already-be-downloading-on-your-pc-today/

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:22 PM

Was diehard Microsoft fan since dos 1.0.Switched to apple 3 years ago and its the best thing I have ever done.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:37 PM

YankeeJim:

ScottHope:
    I have it now.

How long did the DL take? I thought I read somewhere that it came in several updates.

Had it up and running w/i 50 mins this morning, Jim...because it has to copy your files and software from 7, 8 - 8.1 over...works just like it did in Pro Beta when I tested it...you guys are gonna love the smoothness of Project Spartan now known as 'Edge' (the browser, Gary, that comes with 10)  beats the fook out of IE by miles...fast, too. Better than Maxthon, IMO.

It even overwrote my Pro Beta version which surprised me.Thought for sure I'd have a snafu there - but nope.

Just let it download and you're off and running. It will update your drivers as well.

Anyone familiar with Win 7 and 8-8.1 will see similarities - it has the look of 7 (kind of) with the availability of 8.x apps.

@ Scott - how in de hale did you mess the install up? it's auto...lmao

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 5:01 PM

took 1 hour to download and works fine with WGT

tried Edge but it has no Ad Block and i am not sure how to add it so i wont be using it for WGT

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 5:05 PM

Beryman:
    tried Edge but it has no Ad Block and i am not sure how to add it so i wont be using it for WGT

the ads don't affect the meter...I played 6 holes on every course today  and not one stutter, not even a load error.

Matter of fact, the only ads I saw were on profile page...lol

just sayin'...

• PAGES
RSS