Forums

Help › Forums

to al wgt players

Fri, Sep 11 2015 1:42 PM (32 replies)
  • wwcc
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 3:34 PM

If I have been playing with any of you in the last month, I sorry if the game just stopped without a message from me saying my computer had frozen up, but we all know that you can not type when it happens. Sorry for not finishing game love it as much s anyone. LOL

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 8:01 AM

Nice note. I'm not a computer "nut", not savvy at all, however, I've suffered from the "freeze" and have found my problem lay in the browser. I'm using Maxathon now, mostly, and have yet to get frozen with it.  ;-}

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 9:55 AM

SweetiePie:

Nice note. I'm not a computer "nut", not savvy at all, however, I've suffered from the "freeze" and have found my problem lay in the browser. I'm using Maxathon now, mostly, and have yet to get frozen with it.  ;-}

Look out S/P I use maxthon cloud and its been freezing up on me 3-5 times a day . Been having to do forced shut downs just to regain control of my computer . I have cleared everything deleted everything done a un/ reinstall of the browser and yet the problem remains . I think its time for a flash update since my flash is still 16.0 .and as you know only maxthon can do that .

So be ready because it can happen at any moment .

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 2:54 AM

For what it's worth, I changed from Maxthon 3 to Opera just over a month age.  While I have run into an occasional meter stutter problem once in a while, for the most part it has been working fine, and without any freeze ups.

I've kept Maxthon as my back up and have used it on the few times( maybe 1 or 2 times a week) that Opera was having meter problems.  No guarantees of course, that it won't change tomorrow.  But it's something to consider.

phred952

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 3:43 AM

lonniescott711:
    I think its time for a flash update since my flash is still 16.0 .and as you know only maxthon can do that .

You can manually change the flash version in Maxthon. mnshiner posted how to do it in the forum . It was quite simple to do using the instructions given.

Found it! -

mnshiner:

Updating the flash player using the Maxthon browser is done manually by the user. There are several steps involved.

Uddate Flash Player first
    Then go to My Computer, your hard drive
    Under Windows find the file SysWOW64 click it
    Find the file Macromed click it and the file Flash
    Copy the latest file which is now NPSWF32 new version number.dll
    Now you have to go into your program files and find the Maxthon program
    Click on it, then click Core, then Webkit, then Npplugins
    Paste the copied dll file and delete the old one

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 9:37 AM

Maxthon user and had No problems with it wich is just as well  Because the info  how ya update the flash/player manualy just makes me Dizzy reading it,                                               ( Cerabus non functionus)   bit like assembling flat pack Furniture  

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 10:33 AM

+1 Since I`m not that literate with computers I dont want to have to work that hard . Even though I can follow directions , I still dont want to work that hard . :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 12:00 PM

lonniescott711:
    I still dont want to work that hard . :-)

Oh Lordy...me either. I'm a workaholic. You mention work to me and I gotta get a drink.

lonniescott711:
    Even though I can follow directions

Oh you lucky dawg....I can't at all...but I have a gift for giving them   ;-}

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 8:51 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe shiners post and flash update directions were more for people who didn't want the latest version of flash, but wanted to install an older and more reliable version.

If u install an old version of maxthon 3, then u will get something like version 11 of flash by default, which works wonderfully well.

UP2U

I have version Max 4.4.5.2000 with flash 16.0.0.235 and it is a good meter for me.

Don't forget to clear ur flash cache and cookies after todays update, otherwise u won't see all the new bugs and glitches they are going to introduce.

And definitely don't buy any new equipment until u see all the complaints about it first.

• lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:40 AM

Hi. Perhaps someone out there can help me.  ( I am not very good re computers ) 

I use google chrome for general use, internet searches etc and for playing Royal / King games.  

I used to use Maxthon 3 for WGT only.

Some time ago while on wgt with maxthon in use I received a message on screen to update to a New version of Maxthon. so I clicked on it. The result was WGT would load, but only as far as the home page and was a spinner showing 100% loaded , but kept on spinning, I couldnt log on to play. So I Uninstalled  that version, and re tried  to reinstall old version but still got same result.

I had to install Commodo Dragon which loaded and allowed me to play WGT.

I  completely Uninstalled Maxthon, and have tried many times to reInstall and use it, all goes well till the same point, as above 100% and spinner running, no chance to log on and play.  I have also tried with other browsers but same result....

I would like to get my WGT game back on Maxthon,  So  How do I do it Please.

\=/ cheers

Len

RSS