Help › Forums

TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 24 2015 12:36 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 10:02 AM

I have had the level 66 Ghost Spider for about two years now and am undecided whether to up-grade to the level 92 Spider..

TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L66+)

66+

Hack+

1,200 Cr

TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L92+)

92+

Hack+

2,400 Cr

Is the extra .5 on precision and balance really worth the extra 1,200 credits!!!!

I have tried the other putters, and just can't get on with them.. I have been with the Spider for so long I just can't get use to the different meter speeds..

Advice please..

Mel

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 10:28 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way Mel but with your ADP and 1 putt I would say not.  IMHO you need to concentrate on at least putting style first.  Something is not working and correcting that first will enable you to decide better which suits you.  

How you set up and what your calc for say 10' out on say stimp 11 is would be a good start, and then how do you execute that putt...........By all means take it off line and discuss as you wish - leave that with you.  In the interim don't waste your money, IMO.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 10:46 AM

I don't take any-thing the wrong way Jimbog.. Any advice is good advice and I see what you mean..

Over the last 6 months my putting has gone haywire.. I have always been an off ding putter but just lately I just can't seem to read the greens.. I am now trying to ding the shot and move the aimer.. I'll try any-thing to get it right as its my putting that is letting me down all the time..

Thanks for your reply and I'll go back to basics again and re-work all my calcs..

Mel

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 10:50 AM

High level the spiders are dingers.............Also high level never use the only aiming aiming by missing method - it's crap.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 11:05 AM

To a degree I agree with Jimbo about your game play . You need to work on your short game and get closer to the pin ., But at the same time you still have to be able to putt . If you decide to upgrade your putter then get the 96+ Versa putter . Its to be the best putter in the game for both putting styles .

Sometimes when putting you will have to move the marker in order to help the putt hold its line . The Versa is great for this when needed . Play some practice rounds and use the rock to work on your putting . You have the clubs that you can use the rock and still hit good shots . In fact the rock is not only my practice ball but I will play rounds with it as well 

But get the Versa as it can easily be the last putter you will ever buy .The only way that I will give up my 96+ Versa will be if WGT puts a newer one in the shop that performs better , if thats possible . Good luck with your game and hope this helps . :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 11:19 AM

lonniescott711:
    he only way that I will give up my 96+ Versa will be if WGT puts a newer one in the shop that performs better , if thats possible

They did-the 101 Nike. I was like you with the Versa until I tried the Method. With the same scales, the transition was seamless and well worth the switch, IMO. You won't see it in a rental, it takes a while to appreciate that extra precision and forgiveness. :-)

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 11:22 AM

TaylorMade Daytona Putter 2011 (L55+)

725 Credits
    Mel there are Top Players on here who still use this old favourite and if you dont like it you have not wasted a lot of credits, Some of the putters are really over the top priced in my humble T.M opinion
                                            Dave
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 11:23 AM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    he only way that I will give up my 96+ Versa will be if WGT puts a newer one in the shop that performs better , if thats possible

They did-the 101 Nike. I was like you with the Versa until I tried the Method. With the same scales, the transition was seamless and well worth the switch, IMO. You won't see it in a rental, it takes a while to appreciate that extra precision and forgiveness. :-)

Well OK but personally not putted so well in a long time since I went back to the L70 Versa...........Some of all that is what you are comfortable with too, IMO.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 11:39 AM

I played a Legend other day who had a 61 avg and his only upgrades were an old model Driver and 3 wood...that was it....everything else was starter clubs and a range ball (Irons, wedges, hybrid, putter, etc)...now, while that prolly pisses off WGT cause he ain't buying anything, it does prove that you can succeed with any type equipment....maybe all this fancy, expensive kit is over-rated?...just get used to the kit you have...I know I coulda saved a lot of money that way.

ct

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 12:26 PM

As J-Bog said "Don't take this the wrong way", the "this" being that at times we can get into these nutty mind fixes that are akin to the "shanks" or the "yips", even with this game. Where you can think your way into missing and it grows with the proper manure. Is it mostly in your head ? Only you know.  ~ SP ~

• PAGES
RSS