You must enter using a single play of Kiawah 7 from the WGT COMMUNITY \ GOLF COURSES menu, the default conditions are low wind & standard green speed (7.9) . Do not set up other events to tailor conditions and green speed.
Did not even know these ( above ) existed . I will check them out . Learn this stuff and hope to enter in the future .
Kiawah No. 7. Longest shot from the sand.
Entries are invited into three categories, with the winner achieving the challenge from a starting point furthest from the flag. So to be clear - the winner in category 2 will not be the closest to the hole - but will be the longest shot posted with a result 12 inches or closer (without it being in the hole - as that then becomes an entry in category 1).
- In the hole: 3 sleeves longest shot - 1 sleeve each 2nd & 3rd.
- 12 inches or less: 2 sleeves longest shot - 1 sleeve each 2nd & 3rd.
- 3 ft or less: 1 sleeve each for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
Am I right ? This is the description for this 1 event ?
Below are the rules for this 1 event .
- To enter you must post a replay AND a screenshot of the ball position on the green (unless you hole out, and then just the replay is required). Also to make it easier for me (so I do not have to keep opening and viewing the replays and advertising over and over) please note in your post both the Shot Distance and how close to the hole you got (eg. 167 yds / 9 inches) as well as your preference for balls.
- The starting position of the ball must be in sand - no closer than 1 ft from the nearest edge of the sand hazard (because the replay is glitchy and is not showing the correct starting lies - we do not want anyone to be questioning if the ball is actually in the sand if it is very close to rough or fairway border).
- The challenge will be live for a little over 1 week and will close at midnight PST on Sunday 2nd August.
- Ties (same shot distance) will be broken in Category 1 - winner will be the first to post the winning distance. Ties will be broken in Categories 2 & 3 by closest to the hole - in the unlikely event that is also tied - the winner will be the first to post.
- Enter as many times as you like - but a player can only win 1 prize. If a player has entries that are in positions to win more than 1 prize then only 1 entry will be awarded a prize, that entry will be in order of precedence taken as
- Winning entry of longest hole-out (3 sleeves)
- Winning entry of longest shot inside 1 ft (2 sleeves)
- place winner in hole-out (1 sleeve)
- place winner inside 1 ft (1 sleeve)
- place winner inside 3 ft (1 sleeve)
and other entries will be removed making room for other players to win a prize.
- No restriction on balls used.
- Equipment restricted to irons & wedges - no hybrids etc...
- You must enter using a single play of Kiawah 7 from the WGT COMMUNITY \ GOLF COURSES menu, the default conditions are low wind & standard green speed (7.9) . Do not set up other events to tailor conditions and green speed.
I am being serious , I find this very cool and just want to learn what I need to to possibly enjoy this competition ( event ) also . In the future .