Forums

Help › Forums

4th Community Challenge - A Fun Day at the Beach

Wed, Aug 5 2015 12:08 AM (64 replies)
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 4:08 PM

Hi again everyone - for those who have taken up any of these challenges in the past, you know what I mean that these are something just a little bit different. They can be hard, tricky, addictive, frustrating as all hell!  but somehow satisfying to post a result.

The 4th Community Challenge.

Many thanks go to WGTicon for sponsoring these community challenges. Have a bit of fun and maybe win a few sleeves of your favorite golf balls. So far we have had:-

1. Chambers Bay #12 - longest putt challenge
    2. Chambers Bay #4 - longest putt challenge
    3. St. Andrews #1 - getting Burned - CTTH while bouncing over the Burn.

Now Community Challenge #4.  A Fun Day at the Beach

Kiawah No. 7.      Longest shot from the sand.

Entries are invited into three categories, with the winner achieving the challenge from a starting point furthest from the flag. So to be clear - the winner in category 2 will not be the closest to the hole - but will be the longest shot posted with a result 12 inches or closer (without it being in the hole - as that then becomes an entry in category 1).

1. In the hole:              3 sleeves longest shot - 1 sleeve each 2nd & 3rd.
    2. 12 inches or less:    2 sleeves longest shot - 1 sleeve each 2nd & 3rd.
    3. 3 ft or less:              1 sleeve each for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Rules:

1. To enter you must post a replay AND a screenshot of the ball position on the green (unless you hole out, and then just the replay is required). Also to make it easier for me (so I do not have to keep opening and viewing the replays and advertising over and over) please note in your post both the Shot Distance and how close to the hole you got (eg.  167 yds / 9 inches) as well as your preference for balls.
    2. The starting position of the ball must be in sand - no closer than 1 ft from the nearest edge of the sand hazard (because the replay is glitchy and is not showing the correct starting lies - we do not want anyone to be questioning if the ball is actually in the sand if it is very close to rough or fairway border).
    3. The challenge will be live for a little over 1 week and will close at midnight PST on Sunday 2nd August.
    4. Ties (same shot distance) will be broken in Category 1 - winner will be the first to post the winning distance. Ties will be broken in Categories 2 & 3 by closest to the hole - in the unlikely event that is also tied - the winner will be the first to post.
    5. Enter as many times as you like - but a player can only win 1 prize. If a player has entries that are in positions to win more than 1 prize then only 1 entry will be awarded a prize, that entry will be in order of precedence taken as
      1. Winning entry of longest hole-out  (3 sleeves)
      2. Winning entry of longest shot inside 1 ft   (2 sleeves)
      3. place winner in hole-out   (1 sleeve)
      4. place winner inside 1 ft    (1 sleeve)
      5. place winner inside 3 ft    (1 sleeve)              

and other entries will be removed making room for other players to win a prize.

6. No restriction on balls used.
    7. Equipment restricted to irons & wedges - no hybrids etc...
    8. You must enter using a single play of Kiawah 7 from the WGT COMMUNITY \ GOLF COURSES menu, the default conditions are low wind & standard green speed (7.9) . Do not set up other events to tailor conditions and green speed.                                            

Have Fun & Good Luck

I will progressively post the leaderboards showing the current top 3 in each category.

Let the games begin!

Neil (The Hakman)

Black Diamond GC

P.S. My thanks to andyson who helped me develop the rules and will be my assistant judge during the competition.  If there are questions on the event please direct them to me or Andy.

1. WGTicon
      12,511 Posts
      Wed, Jul 22 2015 4:25 PM

Good luck!

2. ahades
      773 Posts
      Wed, Jul 22 2015 11:37 PM
    3. hakman123
      2,119 Posts
      Thu, Jul 23 2015 3:30 AM

pdb1:
        how do you achieve this ? ( above )

You have to position the ball where you want to play the approach shot from. You just hit it there, and chip it around a bit until it is where you want it. Use mulligans if it does not go where you wanted on the first try.

GL

4. hakman123
      2,119 Posts
      Thu, Jul 23 2015 6:29 AM

Yup - many of you Uber-Legends weren't aware there was actually sand on these courses! So here is a chance to explore the beach and have a few shots out of sand just in case you ever hit one in there during an real live round.    lol

Hope you have fun with it!

Remember - I DID warn you that these challenges can be frustrating as well as rewarding!

Neil

5. hakman123
      2,119 Posts
      Thu, Jul 23 2015 6:31 AM

ahades:

nicely done.    very quick to post a score as usual 

It will be interesting to see how that holds up

6. gdog8
      1,356 Posts
      Thu, Jul 23 2015 6:50 AM
    7. hakman123
      2,119 Posts
      Thu, Jul 23 2015 7:16 AM

gdog8:

can't open the replay - I get a message "Replay is no longer available".

RSS