Forums

Help › Forums

E-Cigar

Wed, Mar 2 2016 8:59 PM (40 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2016 5:03 AM

Fraenkel:

Now after several e-cigs I found out the eLeaf iStick500 with a GS-Tank, superb in power, flavour and maintenance. Lily your brother turn you in the right direction and I can assure you that when you get used to the e-cig you will also be able to stand without just like Yiannis said. Vaping is a pleasure not an addiction.

David

Good choice David!!

I too use an istick with subtank plus a Koopor mini with an extra subtank.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 10:55 PM

Great Yiannis, an extra subtank.

Tell me more, I use a 3ml atomizer but I'm searching for a 10ml or something less and that's because I'm focking lazy and busy and at the moment the real help comes from battery that rolling for 4 days.

I think that vaping will be the new future, not in these days but in the next years.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 1:11 AM

Guys if I may wade in here:

First of all congrats on not smoking cigs anymore.  35 years for me battling that addiction until I discovered what was, for me, the miracle of modern vaping.  My discovery was several months ago, and am also reaping all the health rewards just the same as anyone that managed quitting cold turkey.  I was a pack a day of reds type strength cigs.

FWIW My Arsenal:

Subtank Mini 4.5ML Teamed with an Athena Envy 22 3400mah regulated mod

Pricey battery by ecig terms, but the caged design for all day made that justifiable for out and about IMO.

I tend to use the 1.2 ohm coils.  Using about 70.30 VG / PG (7mg nic) I get plenty of vapor, and enough nic hit.  You can use the .5 ohm coils, but I don't care about huge clouds and they just burn the juice and battery quicker.

I also bought a clone of this from Fasttech, and really found it just as good for way cheap.

I also use the included RBA to build my own coils.......way quick and easy, works just fine and amuses me to save a few pence now and then when care.

With the 1.2 ohm coils I vape at around 18 -22 watts, and find it lasts me fine.  I keep a spare tank / 10ml dropper bottle handy too, but really no issues with getting through too quick for me. 

Nautilus tank / Innokin Coolfire 4 40 watt 2000 mah mod (mod = regulated battery if anyone wondering)

This 5ML set up I use about 60 - 65% VG, and rest PG juice wise.  Coil wise I use a 1.8 ohm coil, and vape at 11 - 13 watts.  This is a v long lived, between fills, method I find.  Also very much an out and out mouth to lung (cig style) draw, but can veer enough direct lung hit when mood takes (opposite to the subtank).  Nic wise I make this with about 12mg nic content (less vapor on the pull).

I also bought a 20watt istick clone, and nautilus mini tank clone off fasttech. For now and then when want cheap as might lose it's just fine, and just fine anyway, especially at $20 all up..amazing how they do that.

I mix my own juice using pharma grade PG / VG, and real good quality flavourings / nic juice.  Cheaper than buying I find, quick and easy and way better quality also - IMO.

If any of that helps anyone stop smoking cigs fantastic.  May also help with the larger tank capacity question, as my question is are you sure you need it with what I have said in mind.  If still need it I have heard the 7ML subtank is a good 1, but never having tried it can't say anymore.

Now please excuse some paranoia: Anyone new to vaping please do take your time to understand Ohms law.  This is especially so  if you go below 1 ohm coils as you can very easily make a pipe bomb if you do not, but do understand it anyway.  Also take the time to know just how dangerous strong nic juice can be.  Stay safe and GL to all:)

EDIT: Battery drain rate capability especially if chasing low ohm huge clouds is also be vital to understand.  Don't let me put you off though.  A sensible regulated mod with a sensibly matching tank / 1+ ohm coil from a decent place versus smoking .........no brainer to try, IMO.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 2:40 AM

Fraenkel:

Great Yiannis, an extra subtank.

Tell me more, I use a 3ml atomizer but I'm searching for a 10ml or something less and that's because I'm focking lazy and busy and at the moment the real help comes from battery that rolling for 4 days.

I think that vaping will be the new future, not in these days but in the next years.

Here you go David:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-Subtank-Plus-Hybrid-Tank-p/krstb-k.htm

7ml of liquid will do the trick i believe...works fine with me so far!!

:)

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 2:47 AM

Very, very nice post Jimborg!! Very useful thoughts...and yes, e-cig is not a toy. Treat it with caution and respect the specs. Don't even think to fool around...

For the record, iam very pleased with Fasttech too!!

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 3:18 AM

Used for a while a Kangertech EVOD VV with a middle range tank but the one I use right now from eLeaf is not one but two step forward, I mean that's an all-around e-Cig so I don't think to change it for a while.

I will only try to fit on battery an huge tank like yours guys.

Great post Jim, nice e-Cig too.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 12:53 PM

Istick 50 with a Lemo RTA.  And DIY on the juice - way,way cheaper and much more satisfying.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 1:15 AM

As a non smoker, this is over my head lol, but good luck to all for giving up the ciggies.

I asked a smoker the other day how much a pack of 25 was here... equivalent to just under US$20.........I was blown away, but they would be out of breath.

• StingerWelsh
    1,021 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 1:43 PM

Jimbog1964:
     Nic wise I make this with about 12mg nic content (less vapor on the pull).

I commend all in their efforts to minimize the effects of smoking on their health. However, you need to realize that you are not eliminating one of the dangerous elements of the cigarette, nicotine.  It is a very dangerous drug and is primarily responsible for the addictive quality of tobacco.  To actually "stop" smoking it would have to include the elimination of nicotine your vapor.  This is possible as you can gradually reduce the amount of nicotine in the product.  I hope that everyone who is attempting to quit will continue the process through to completion and be 100% free of this habit.  

I can speak on this with some authority as I am a former smoker who had a 3-4 pack a day habit and have had both legs amputated due to circulatory problems exacerbated by nicotine.  You can look it up if you care to, but nicotine can and will kill you.  Love to all and I hope that I haven't offended anyone with this post.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 2:27 PM

Don't believe you did pal! Thanks for your thoughts instead. Well, my goal is exactly that, to low slowly my nicotine addiction. Therefore, eventhough i was asking more nicotine, i stuck to my 9 and get used to it after a couple of weeks. Next goal: Lower to 6...

RSS