Forums

Help › Forums

L48 & L61 vs L40 Nike balls

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:55 AM (7 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 2:53 PM

So, I've been banging around with some of the Nike golf balls the last few days.  Really trying the Nike Blacks with expectation of them being the ones offered in volt yellow if they ever get added. 

Way too much golf ball for me here, not to mention cost would be way too much for me to enjoy restocking them.  

I started thinking. the L71/81 were always too much of a hassle for me to figure out and keep track of mentally for the added distance for each club that it's why I never really keep playing them when I do try them out for a while but I liked the 4 dots of spin.

Now, as for the L48/L61  I understand its only about the meter speed as far as the difference but the 3.5 for spin didn't really suit my style of play.  

Here's my big question here... The L40 Nike Whites  are like the L48/61 nikes but have the extra .5 in spin.   They also have the meter speed of the L61.  I tried a sleeve today at work and really liked them.  

But they cost more than the L81 Nike balls ffs!  LOL

Anyone else ever tried the L40 Nike Whites??   I also tried them with the anticipation of them being added with the Volt yellow since the Whites and the Blacks in real life are offered in Volt yellow.

I think WGT needs to add a higher level option to the Nike Whites to middle the cost in between the L61's and L81's.   Then I'd have my perfect golf ball here.

Sorry for the long winded rant of a post.  New pain meds have my brain in speed mode and a slow day at work gave me nothing but time to mulligan my way through a sleeve of L40's just about lol.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 3:45 PM

Honestly Feller I think you are over thinking this.

Decide on a ball that hits the spot all round, and map it real careful.  Go to Sigs (GOGCC) mapping stuff via the website on my page or linked from his page I think.  Kilbraur I think also offers mapping.  Not looked at Kilbraurs stuff but I am sure fine, and I do know sigs stuff is A1....Map yourself of course but job done so more checking exactly with your irons.......Saying all that at CNCC I am sure you have access to excellent mapping anyway.

As for pricing I would disregard that one after appreciating which came first.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 6:46 PM

Jimbog1964:
    I do know sigs stuff is A1

It is true, all of Sigs feed is legit....as for the Nike white, I think it is a darn fine ball but likewise find it odd as the entry level Nike, as well as the price. It did make it easy for me to justify buying the Plat's for just $1 more....

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 9:58 PM

Hazen you just need to give  61's a chance.. That's the best ball on here IMO.. They're real easy to get used to, just enough spin but not so much that it screws up the yardage.. I play by feel and have never mapped a ball or club since I've been here.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:12 AM

When the time comes for me to buy balls again, then it will be the level 61's without doubt.

Have tried all the other Nikes, well almost, not lev 84 / 85.

Don't give a shite what colour it is.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 4:42 AM

ISH47:

Hazen you just need to give  61's a chance.. That's the best ball on here IMO.. They're real easy to get used to, just enough spin but not so much that it screws up the yardage.. I play by feel and have never mapped a ball or club since I've been here.

Maybe I'll give the 61's another chance.   But looking at the 48's vs 61's,  it's 100 credits just for .5 in meter speed of which doesn't always help me.  Although, 3.5 meter is much better for me than the 4.0 of the L90's.  Too many early clicks with those.

I'll do a few more surveys at work today and try some 61's.  I've been thinking the matching 3.5 in ball meter speed, spin and 3.5 club meter speed may be a perfect combo for OCD side of my quest for matching meter speeds throughout the entire set.  ;-)

I still have 1 single l48 left in the bag, I will go toy around with it before work.  Back in the forums later when I get to work LOL>

*edit

I think I just want to like the L40 since that along with the L90 blacks are what I expect to be added in volt yellow here and the L40 is a bit cheaper to restock than the L90's.  :-)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:31 AM

Yea, fmags was using the 61 w/ the 97s and now it looks like w/ the Nike 100s he also using the 61.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:55 AM

JFidanza:

Yea, fmags was using the 61 w/ the 97s and now it looks like w/ the Nike 100s he also using the 61.

Will much do respect to Fmags and much all of the TL's,  they could beat me with the free ball more than likely LOL.  

But it does say a lot about the L61's for someone like Fmags to be playing them when he probably wouldn't notice the extra credits spent on the most expensive balls.  But for me, 500 a sleeve for the 61's would be justifiable for their ability.  

RSS