Forums

Help › Forums

Puttin green grid glitch in new update

Thu, Jul 9 2015 2:46 PM (8 replies)
  • SUberti
    36 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 1:10 PM

A lot has been said about the more obvious glitches that have been noticable since the latest update ("Play Now" button/ dodgy camera views/ camera noise during swing after practice shot to name a few), so I won't go into those as I'm sure they are being worked on.

The one that's really bugging (!) me is the grid of the putting green when viewed from far away (eg long iron shot). I use it a lot by switching to pitch shot whilst looking at the green from distance so I can see which way the break runs.

It now has a glitch in that only the front-to-back slope can be seen and not the left-to-right break, which is far more important in determining shot angle and approach. The slope can be more or less determined by the colour of the grid, but there really is no effective way to see the break since the button used to switch between slope views has been removed.

Am I the only one that has been bothered by this and could we have it back please WGT?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 6:35 AM

I used it also.  Now I just have to wrok around without it.

phred952

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 6:57 AM

same.

old school player here - I don't hit fullback spin shots every shot expecting darts, I play the greens and like to see what im approaching to using pitch view and zoom.

now that's gone I got to use the putt view in zoom to get and idea of whats happening in a small strip lol, no more looking at the green and using the roll that way.

got to adapt I guess.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:15 AM

SUberti:
    It now has a glitch in that only the front-to-back slope can be seen and not the left-to-right break,

Did you try clicking the arrows next to the camera? They switch the way the dots roll.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:28 AM

YankeeJim:

SUberti:
    It now has a glitch in that only the front-to-back slope can be seen and not the left-to-right break,

Did you try clicking the arrows next to the camera? They switch the way the dots roll.

No arrows nest to camera.

This pic doesn't show it, but trust me the dots only move vertically. U have to rely on the colours shown to know the sideways break.

The first hole at Bandon

• SUberti
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 11:54 AM

Well i'm glad i'm not alone there.

Hoping it's just an oversight and will be fixed in the next update. If the feature was intended to be removed, not sure why you would still get the front-back slope but not the sideways one.

Oneeyedjohn is right, there are no arrow buttons next to the camera and all you can really try to do is use the colours. While it does give you a rough idea what's hapenning - it's not even nearly as accurate as the dots and grid - it makes everything a bit hit and miss.

Fingers crossed this has been noted!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 9:55 AM

It would help if the issue had been posted in the appropriate forum - Bug Log

The place WGT looks for the posting of program bugs.

I have added a link there to this thread,

• SUberti
    36 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 1:56 PM

Forgive my ignorance ApexPC, I think this is the first time I have posted in these forums.

I did have a brief look, but couldn't find a definitive guide on where to post bugs, so thanks for linking this in to the correct forum.

• SUberti
    36 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 2:46 PM

Since this thread has now been linked to the correct sub-forum, I will post this here.

Another few points I have noted in relation to this, which I imagine are bugs/ glitches:

- Break of green can be seen within pitching range. If you are within pitching range of the green - i.e. the pitching distance of your longest iron (mine is ~90yds), you can still use the old technique to see a small fixed area immediately surrounding the pin. Switch to pitch shot, then longest iron, then switch camera button.

- Course thumbnail camera icons. I have noticed that when on the tee, if you click the switch view button (new camera icon), subsequently the overhead course camera icons sometimes will not work. You have to select the tee camera again manually before selecting an alternative view.

- Take swing from zoomed camera view. I actually quite like this one - if only it worked consistently. The first time you switch to zoom view on any shot, you can take your swing from the alternate camera angle. Switch back and forth again and it no longer works. It can actually be quite useful to see the path of the shot from the zoomed view and sometimes I think it feels more comfortable during the swing for some reason.

RSS