Help › Forums

What is going on here?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 6 2015 3:13 AM (9 replies)
  • RAFBlackace
    479 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 8:57 AM

Hi.

Just played what was admittedly a very poor round at Pinehurst I think. One of the players was very childish and was playing terribly hitting a 10 at the third hole. Then, after a lot of messing around he made us wait till he timed out twice hitting his ball at the last second. He then made us wait again at the Fourth tee before eventually timing out for the third time and being removed from the game.

But when the game finished the result said he won with a score of 22!!

The scorecard even confirmed it. It even showed him as getting two eagles at later holes when he was not even in the game.

Can anyone explain this?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:17 AM

Please explain which relevance it will have to you tomorrow.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:38 AM

RAFBlackace:

Hi.

Just played what was admittedly a very poor round at Pinehurst I think. One of the players was very childish and was playing terribly hitting a 10 at the third hole. Then, after a lot of messing around he made us wait till he timed out twice hitting his ball at the last second. He then made us wait again at the Fourth tee before eventually timing out for the third time and being removed from the game.

But when the game finished the result said he won with a score of 22!!

The scorecard even confirmed it. It even showed him as getting two eagles at later holes when he was not even in the game.

Can anyone explain this?

I have seen this happen before but I would bet that if you went to his profile page and looked at his score history, he didn't get credit for the game and not for the eagles either.

It's just another of the very many WGT glitches that they can't/won't fix

• RAFBlackace
    479 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:53 AM

Sheesh, cant anyone ask a simple question on here without someone being tetchy?

I thought it was a glitch, just wanted to know if anyone had an explanation.

TY Phiber for your polite reply.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 12:43 PM

hi

it seems to be a scorecard bug, they actually didnt post a score, so in the end you have won.

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 1:07 PM

RAFBlackace:

It was a honest reply, not tetchy at all.

If you find an answer to it you will know why I posted it.

• JZeman17
    254 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 1:18 PM

RAFBlackace:

I thought it was a glitch, just wanted to know if anyone had an explanation.

You asked a great question. This has happened to several players that I know of recently.

As for the 'smartass' response, that person always has something to say check # of posts. Sometimes helpful

but more often than not filled with sarcasm and negative vibs as we will see when he responds to this. LOL

Onward Thru the Fog

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 2:27 PM

JZ, I'm afraid you were late, and wrong.

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 2:54 AM

Alosso may reply on occasion with a touch of sarcasm, just don't take it to heart, many of us have been on the receiving end of it. Don't fuss about it !! He will also come out with some good and helpful comments, he has been on here a while now and is pretty clued up on how WGT works. 

Read and learn !!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 3:13 AM

Alonso is my hero, oops, ur talking about Alosso....I wouldn't have an argument with him.

Jawohl Oberleuitenant

RSS