Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Meter Balls changing speed

Fri, Mar 24 2017 4:57 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bluesteelie
    2,021 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 4:00 AM

Hello everyone, Im so frustrated with my slow meter 3.5 callaway ball changing speed to 2.5 ball while in a round, It will change from slow meter ball to a way faster ball. This happens on approach shots, putts, tee shots ect. I might be at -5 in a round playing well and all of a sudden the slow meter ball speeds to like a rock ball and now Im at -2 in 1 hole. Anyone else having this Utter nonsense ???

Chaz

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 6:42 AM

It surely must happen to everyone here from time to time, even to those who have discovered their perfect harmony of ball/club meter speed. It never happens when you are +1. It is easy for me to play blame game, you know, the computer, the browser, wgt, etc; and yet, because it seems a partner to being, say -5, I have wondered if it is a product of anxiety, or un perceived nerves, undectectable to ourselves, that is the cause. ~SP~  

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 7:09 AM

Actually its whats known as meter manipulation and its caused by WGT by design . You may also begin to experience the meter spike as well . The spike will happen once randomly on every hole . This will be in the form of a spike in your meter speed when you attempt to click the mouse at the desired point on the meter . This will in most cases cause you to hit late .

Some would say this is done to combat the fabled auto dinger . The only problem is , is that it only works on the players who dont use the auto dinger . So you arent the only player to go through this . This is just one of the reasons as to why I no longer buy premium balls . Why buy balls to play better only to have WGT manipulate the meter causing me to play worse .

Good luck with your game and sorry that I couldnt help you around this issue .

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:50 AM

lonniescott711:

Actually its whats known as meter manipulation and its caused by WGT by design . You may also begin to experience the meter spike as well . The spike will happen once randomly on every hole . This will be in the form of a spike in your meter speed when you attempt to click the mouse at the desired point on the meter . 

Based on my daily playing experience over the last 3 years, the assumption WGT manipulates the meter speed to cause a spike in the speed is utter nonsense.

The issue is likely the player's computer being clogged up with a ton of temp internet files, cookies, browser history, a bunch of applications running in the background, and other crap all keeping his computer CPU to busy to play the meter smoothly.

Smooth meter - Optimizing your Windows computer

• poppagolf
    55 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 10:15 AM

the problem with the slow then fast metre could be that some players have more than one window open,i never play with two open,only ever have the game screen open,it does make a big difference,its by no means perfect as we will always get the dreaded spike which is put in by WGT,that is a fact,otherwise why would they be offering up for 30 credits a slow metre shot,if they can do it for one shot i think they can do it for all shots,that is to keep the metre at a level pace.

hope this helps you out a bit,give it a try

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 10:53 AM

Bluesteelie:
    Anyone else having this Utter nonsense ???

Yes, and the truth is that no one knows definitively what causes it.. or the motive (if it's in the programming) behind it.

You're better off to just stop thinking and play.. No use in worrying about something you can't do *** about.  : )

ISH

• spg777
    40 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 11:39 AM

I have read in the forums about cleaning the temp files, cookies, flash cache and so on. But there is one cache not mentioned. That's the DNS cache. This is what your browser goes through when you go on line. It also gets filled up with a lot of old web pages and needs to be cleaned occasionally. to do this, you need to open the command prompt and paste or type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. you do not need to do this more than once or twice a month depending on your internet usage.

I have used the Waterfox browser since I started in 2011. It is built on the Firefox frame work but built especially for 64 bit operating systems and whether any one believes or not, I have had very, very little problems. I do clean my PC when I shut down for the night.

This may or may not help but when I pull the power meter back I count to 6 slowly before releasing to hit the ball. I have noticed that for different clubs it takes a different time for the lines on the meter to settle down. Counting to six covers all the clubs.    

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 9:31 AM

I don't think I've ever had a meter zoom on a putt. Rarely on a drive. For me they seem to always be on approach. Lately, I've started letting the meter go through at least once on approaches. It seems to be cutting down on them, but occasionally I get caught. One memorable one was a few days ago. Playing Chambers in uneven lies, one put me into a red lie 40/50. 

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:06 AM

lonniescott711:
    Why buy balls to play better only to have WGT manipulate the meter causing me to play worse .

I agree 100% but it does depend on how much you are willing to pay for a better score.

• Bluesteelie
    2,021 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2015 5:01 AM

I have a top of the line pc Alienware I7core with tons of speed just a bad ass machine for any game. I have programs that clear catch and history which i do before i play, Believe me this machine runs like a scalded dog and will run any game out there with high Frame rates so this is not me or my PC, Wgt is the only problem i have running and i have super fast internet speed. The slow meter 3.5 Callaway ball will change from slow meter to super fast meter, no skipping at all, just super fast, then cool for 2 holes, then does it again. My point is im not getting what i paid for, Kinda like all of us.

Chaz

• PAGES
RSS