Forums

Help › Forums

ITS NOT MY FAULT BUT HOW WOULD YOU KNOW !!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 9 2015 8:42 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SkaBula
    32 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 11:50 PM

Hey everyone, I would like to apologize for having to bail out on groups I have started and games that I have joined. But its not my fault. For some reason I cannot finish a round if I get to join in one at all. I keep getting lost connection or cannot connect to WGT server or Error 09 or my favorite "UNEXPECTED ERROR". I have tried everything that WGT forums have suggested and most of them have made my gaming experience worse than before. Clearing Cache does nothing but cause your system to reload the assets for every course you try to play so you can guarantee that you will be loading until you get a disconnected error or error 09 or unexpected error. Remove and re-install the game, and you are really screwed.I have a realtime speedometer on my internet connection, and there is no problem with my connection. lI have the latest and greatest of flash java firefox google ie etc, What really sucks is that my completion percentage is in the toilet because of something that isnt my fault and I turn in a error report to WGT and I have never once heard any type of feedback. Are there really any real people working on the problems of this site or >>>???

• 19015graham
    544 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2015 5:52 AM

Hi, 

i sympathize so much with your frustrations

i experience problems every time i play ( no exaggeration)

I was playing a Legend yesterday last hole i was -2 , they were +1

my second shot left me an 8 foot putt on par 4 .................and guess what

UNEXPECTED ERROR.....How much did that cost me??

I went so far as buying a new laptop.and how much did THAT cost me!!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2015 8:02 AM

SkaBula:
    I have a realtime speedometer on my internet connection,

Have you tried playing the game without the realtime speedometer?  Turning it off might be worth a try?

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2015 11:04 AM

Hint . This game does not like WI FI.

navi  USMC

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 8:45 AM

Your Internet speed may be OK, but you live on an island out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

It looks like St. Helena is served by a cable that originates in Fortaleza, Brazil at one end, and Yzerfontein, South Africa at the other end. There are some additional number of intermediate under sea cables between you and WGT. 

You should consider how many connections there are between your computer and WGT's servers. To check that you can run Traceroute. there is no guarantee that your Internet access will always use the shortest cable path form WGT servers to your computer.

Sometime the path will leave from the west coast of the US and sometimes the path will leave from the east coast of the US. Being a packet switching network not all the data packets heading your way will take the same path. The Traceroute routine will only send a single packet of data and that is from you to WGT. Traceroute will not tell you the path from WGT to you.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 10:19 AM

And sometimes FedEx can deliver a packet faster than WGT ... :-)

Just kiddin Chad ... 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 10:47 AM

ApexPC:
    It looks like St. Helena is served by a cable that originates in Fortaleza, Brazil at one end, and Yzerfontein, South Africa at the other end. There are some additional number of intermediate under sea cables between you and WGT. 

Your info is wrong Apex.  That cable is not installed yet.  From your own referenced website of under sea cables...

RFS 2017 means Ready For Service in 2017 so its a plan not reality.

More information on Internet service on St. Helena Island can be found on

http://www.connectsthelena.org/

According to news articles linked on the above site, the population of St. Helena is roughly 4,500 of which 900 are Internet users.  They all currently share a 20MBit/sec satellite link! (less than the service to my single home in the U.S.)

Currently Cable & Wireless, St Helena's only internet provider, offers four different broadband plans which are all very limited in bandwidth and data allowance while being very expensive:

monthly fee bandwidth (DL/UL) data allowance additional data
    Gold £119.99 384/128 KBit/s 3300 MB £0.09/MB
    Silver £59.99 256/128 KBit/s 1250 MB £0.10/MB
    Bronze £29.99 128/64 Kbit/s 500 MB £0.12/MB
    Lite £19.99 128/64 KBit/s 300 MB £0.12/MB

The "best" individual plan is 384Kbs down!  And a monthly data allowance of only 3300 MB!

That's at the lowest end of DSL service (avg between 750KBs and 1.5MBs)and below WGTs minimum requirements I believe.

With those speeds, data allowance, and latency issues of satellite connections, plus the costs,  I find it hard to believe the OP can even play WGT.

Or perhaps the OP might live somewhere else?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 11:04 AM

Dang ... the way Andy finds this info, I'm worried he might be looking in my front windows using Google Earth or some other software. That's it buddy ... my blinds are drawn from now on ...

:-)

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 1:00 PM

Don't worry Don, as the top reporter fer the WGT National Enquirer, Andy is sworn to secrecy an' will never out a source, nor divulge personal player info. However, recent intel garnered from team Yancy indicates you have a penchant for chocolate layer cake, an' have been known to consume the occasional Haribo.

Doc :)

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 1:39 PM

Oh my gosh ... what happened to "don't ask , don't tell" ?

Lol ... :-)

• PAGES
RSS